ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cams map w/ RS Tuner

2003 Clio 172
My timing belt is due to be replaced and as I've been thinking of cams, I may as well get them fitted together with the belt.
I haven't decided what cams yet but aftermarket ECU is not an option so probably 428, Schrick or C&B.

Now, I also have a RS Tuner from Fastchip and I've seen they offer a generic cam map. Anyone have some input regarding those maps?

I know most on here recommend having the car mapped on a RR at e.g. RS Tuning when fitting cams. Unfortunately I'm in Sweden so that's not doable.

What options do I have? Should I try to find someone who can map the car here and in that case, is it possible to map using the RS Tuner?

2003 Clio 172
I wouldn't do that.
Custom map all the way with new Cams

I see but how do they do it? If I understood it correctly, it's possible to map the stock ECU but obviously it's far less potential than a true aftermarket ECU. Can it be done using the RS Tuner?

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Go to a Tuner who is able to Map the Clio ECU. And have them adjust the attributes.

Best way is to have it on a Rolling Road whilst being mapped