ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can’t get my key in the ignition :-(

Hi guys. I was playing 5-a-sides tonight and when I finished the game, I went to start the car (clio 182) and couldnt get my key all the way into the ignition. I called the AA out and the guy couldnt get it sorted either so he towed it for me. My car is now sitting outside my house and I am unable to drive it. Fortunately I have a Renault dealer 1 mile from my home. I am going to call them in the morning and I expect this to be repaired under warranty. A few questions:

Has anyone come across this problem before?

Will Renault ask me to pay to get the car picked up for repair?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Sounds a bit weird! lol

Id imagine that a pick-up from renault would be free, or at least I would demand that it was seeing that it was their bloody car that was broken and was still under warranty!! :devilish:

Worst case, get those grippy shoes on and get pushing! :p

Renaultsport 220T

Sounds like what happened to mine! Ignition barrel went, only on mine the key was stuck in, and wouldnt release. Reanault should pick the car up for you, as it under warranty, and you will probably need to take your V5 and D/licence in to the dealer, cause they need it to order you a new barrel. Unfortunately, it will take about five days for them to get the part. So, make sure the give you a replacement car, while yours is off the road.