ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can’t catch a break!!

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
It’s all pretty easy mate. Door cards pop off, just need to remove the bottom front seat belt bolt and give it all a bit of a tug. In terms
Of the rear end, it’s around the boot floor when the beam attachment points are and the surrounding areas including the cavity’s you can’t miss them once you are looking under the car.

i wouldn’t go massively out of your way though mate, just get the car properly valeted/detailed.

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
It’s all pretty easy mate. Door cards pop off, just need to remove the bottom front seat belt bolt and give it all a bit of a tug. In terms
Of the rear end, it’s around the boot floor when the beam attachment points are and the surrounding areas including the cavity’s you can’t miss them once you are looking under the car.

i wouldn’t go massively out of your way though mate, just get the car properly valeted/detailed.
Hey man, thanks for this info. I can certainly have a look and if can't do it, then I'll nip to Renotech and see if they can have a look. Appreciate your help.

Cheers! [emoji106]

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182

I've added some photos to my thread now, cheers.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I've added some photos to my thread now, cheers.
You didn't even clean the dirt away in the filler cap area 🙈 that just screams laziness mate. It would have taken 30 seconds to wipe off. I'm really shocked at the price with the climate control panel looking as bad as it does! These are SUCH small things to sort out, and imo should be addressed when asking for such a high price for a clio.

All just imo of course!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I'd ask what you paid for it but as its for sale thats thing to be top secret now. GLWS @Crazylegs but as Dannnnnn says it could do with some little tidying work to realise anywhere near current asking price I think.

Thanks for the info chaps. How do I access the inner door cards and also where at the rear needs checking and I'll try and get some photos?

I'm not very mechanically minded so aren't the best when it comes to taking things apart. Are they difficult things to take off the door cards?
The rear door cards are a bit of a hassle as you need to remove the rear seat base. I managed to get my door cards out with the rear seat back in place.

If I were you I wouldn’t bother about the inner rear arches. Lets see a close up of all along the outer arches including where the bumper attaches.

Also clear pics of the jacking points on the sills. Are they squashed to hell or straight as a die?

You will have to lie under the car but try and snap some pics of the box section in front of the rear spring mounting points.

The pic of your filler cap is pretty poor. I can see that there is probably no rust there and could be the best filler cap I’ve seen ( ooh er ) but if you want 6k for the car, please give it a proper clean ha ha.

👍🏻

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Thanks for the comments folks. I will get the filler cap cleaned a bit more, it's definetely not laziness on my part I can assure you of that but happy to clean it and get it looking better soon as some of you lot are bunch of moaning bitches haha!

I'll also get some better photos of the sills and inner arches etc when this crap weather has cleared. Inner door cards might prove the most challenging for me but I will try and do my best and get photos of them too.

Re the climate control, I left it as is as it's a quirk of the car and shows it's all original. I genuinely did not think people would be that arsed about it but there you go, guess I was wrong. How much is a replacement for this out of curiousity?

Many thanks.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Reading threads like this reminds me why I sell so many cars to the first person to see them. 😂😂😂

cleanliness, condition, paperwork and photo’s. All need to be tip top if you’re asking strong money.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
£6k is strong money to be asking imo. I'd want something pretty immaculate for that. Small bits like shagged rear exhaust mounts are cheap and easy to sort and it's little details like that and the dirty filler cap area which would put me off.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Don’t want to be a d1ck but I think you’re pi55ing in the wind asking that money. My car has double that mileage and doesn’t look anywhere near as worn inside or as used underneath. Even my last one (that had 135k) didn’t have any of that wear on the climate buttons (?)

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the comments folks. I will get the filler cap cleaned a bit more, it's definetely not laziness on my part I can assure you of that but happy to clean it and get it looking better soon as some of you lot are bunch of moaning bitches haha!

I'll also get some better photos of the sills and inner arches etc when this crap weather has cleared. Inner door cards might prove the most challenging for me but I will try and do my best and get photos of them too.

Re the climate control, I left it as is as it's a quirk of the car and shows it's all original. I genuinely did not think people would be that arsed about it but there you go, guess I was wrong. How much is a replacement for this out of curiousity?

Many thanks.
Not laziness? You didnt even clear the cup holder of items before taking the photos!