ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can’t unlock my clio! Someone help :(

Clio
I’m looking for some amazing person to help me! After doing so many searches I’m at a loss and don’t know what to do.
Basically my other half disconnected my battery the other day as my lights wouldn’t turn off. He locked the car not thinking anything about it before he put my bonnet down ? now gone to open it and the manual lock is just spinning.
So I now can’t get in the car to open the bonnet to connect battery back up, so no central locking and my key lock won’t open. Can’t seem to find anything to open the boot manually? Seriously please someone help me I really don’t wanna smash a window it’s christmas in 2 weeks I don’t really have the money the be changing locks etc ? must be a way to get in please some one must locked there keys in something before and got in! It’s an 07 plate normal fob key.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Does the front bumper grill pop out?

Try and get something on the bonnet release cable to unlatch the bonnet.

PH2 172
The car can be jacked up onto axle stands and a positive jump lead applied to the starter motor terminal, and the negative to the subframe.

This will power up the central locking.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
The way the AA or RAC would do it is to push a wedge into the top corner of the door, so you get a little gap of a few cm, then use something to hook around the door handle, an unwound wire coat hanger would do the trick.

This doesn't damage the door as they can give a little without damaging the metal.

Or you can pull the window trim off and slide the coat hanger into the door, hook the steel cable that connects the interior handle to the lock, pull up and it should open.

Clio
Although his head going through the window will allow me to get in the car, I wouldn’t even know how to connect the battery back up! ?? think he’s now going to jack the car up an see if he can get to the latch, or try the others thanks for the help hope something will work ?

Although his head going through the window will allow me to get in the car, I wouldn’t even know how to connect the battery back up! ?? think he’s now going to jack the car up an see if he can get to the latch, or try the others thanks for the help hope something will work ?
Steve's post tells you how to get power into the car without connecting the battery, so you can unlock the door with the remote blipper and then pop the bonnet.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Is this whole thread not a 'how to break into a Clio' and should therefore be removed soon? lol
Breaking into a locked car isn't exactly a secret, there are countless YouTube vids on it, i've seen the AA and RAC do it in front of me and i've done the coathanger trick for a few people that have locked their keys in the car, most people that break into cars don't go to the trouble of f*cking around with a coat hanger, they just smash the window.

Besides which a lot of us have problems starting our Clio's with the bloody keys, so it doesn't matter who breaks into them, they probably won't get the f*cker started anyway.

Iceberg PH1 172
If the door lock is just spinning in circles it could have been frozen. This happens to my driver's door in cold weather. Dumping some warm water on the lock fixes it up straight away.