ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can Clip South West

Hi, have a power steering fault coming up on the dash on my megane 250. Has anyone got a can clip in the south west? Would be willing to pay for time/use. Think it may be angle possition sensor related.

Thanks

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Hi, have a power steering fault coming up on the dash on my megane 250. Has anyone got a can clip in the south west? Would be willing to pay for time/use. Think it may be angle possition sensor related.

Thanks

What has happened to the car to make you think it's Angle Sensor related?

It might not be, it just the power steering isn't working, I'd like to know why. I've changed the ecu, uch and steering column and column lock from another car. The column may be duff, the car starts it's just displaying steering fault and no power steering

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Wow, that's a serious job list... and why was it all needed? Sorry for the questions btw

Steering angle is a parameter that is reported back to the Engine Management & ABS so the ESP program can function correctly. If it was faulty it wouldn't stop the steering firing up and the fact the steering lock is withdrawing and the vehicle is allowed to start rules out a networking issue so I'd surmise that you have either a column issue or something else on the car (UPC) is not supplying power to the ePAS.

This is going to sound stupid but what's the upc? Had to change it all as the column and various other parts were stolen on the car I bought. There is a bit of a clicking noise (electrical) when the ignition comes on like something is preventing it from working

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Sounds like a UPC Issue then with the clicking sounds. Have you checked the main fuses under the bonet in front of the battery to be sure one or more haven't blown or been damaged?

I haven't actually, do you know which ones are for the steering column? Some of the main fuses inside the car were stolen so you may be into something