ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can i drive any car third party?

172 M69 eater
mate tells me as im fully comp and over 21 (i,e, 22...) i can drive any other car third party.... is this true?? or dependant on insurer (i'm with directline)

patty

C

clio172cup20

Well, do you hold the policy yourself?!?! (ie; your not a named driver)

And read the Terms and Conditions on the insurance cert!

Any car with owners permission and not a member of the family!

172 M69 eater
big fat no :(

edit - couldn't find the certificate so wondered if i could get a quicker repsonse here!!

Clio 172mk2
different insurers do it on different ages , mines 25 , ive known it to be 21, but me mate got it on 18 but he hasnt got it now

Depends on insurer under 25 most say no, there is one or two who do.
Plus some have ruls like it being erergency use only. Ie crash a VTR/scoobie etc and they will look into it see if the Metro etc realy is your day to day car and resue to pay out/sue you if they have to payout for illegal use of the car.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Quinn direct do a DOC policy for drivers udner 25 apparently, my friend is 18 with a VTS with DOC for £1400. He has 1 years ncb.

Lionel Richie
Quinn are the crapest insurance company on the plannet!

"i would like a quote please"

"i'll tarmac your driveway, do you like daaags?"

you get the idea!! (i'm half irish too!)

Another thing they will stipulate is that the vehicle has to have a current insurance policy on it. So if you were looking to move a car that for some reason wasnt currently insured by the owner you wouldnt be covered either.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
dont insure under 21's

The customer and any other person who will drive must:

be resident in Great Britain, Northern Ireland or the Isle of Man.
be aged 21 or over (25 or over in respect of group 18 - 20 cars).
hold a current, valid, full UK driving licence and have done so for at least 12 months.
have no more than 8 penalty points in the last 3 years, and have no prosecution or police enquiry pending.
not have had more than 2 fault claims in any 3 year period.
not have been disqualified from driving in the past 3 years.
OR
be resident in Great Britain, Northern Ireland or the Isle of Man.
be aged 21 or over (25 or over in respect of group 18 - 20 cars).
hold a current, valid, full EU driving licence and have done so for at least 12 months.
have no motoring offence involving alcohol, drugs, carleless, dangerous or reckless driving or taking a vehicle without concent in the last 3 years.
not have had more than 2 fault claims in the last 3 years.
not have been disqualified from driving in the past 3 years.
not have any prosecution or police enquiry pendind

only use the car for social, domestic and pleasure purposes or business use by the policyholder excluding the carriage of passengers or goods for hire or reward.