ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can i??

clio 1.8 16v
Is it possible to clean the K&N on my valver :S , am sure it must get full ov crap? any one done this? is it worth doing? advice please -

cheers

Clio Williams
MAXIBOY said:
no gently wash in warm soapy water i think they recommend

I agree, last time I done it on the KN in my fiesta I washed it through 3times with warm soapy water which was clean each time. Then I left it to dry over a radiator and finally I didn't have any KN oil so I put a fine mist of WD40 over it and it worked a treat. Must be a very fine mist of oil.

Mégane RS
i used the K&N recharger kit, clean it using cold water, it says under the tap or something with water trickling, then oil. its never the same as when you got it new though :(

Mégane RS
in the recharger box, you get a cleaning fluid that you have to spray on it and leave for a couple mins, then you wash it off using water from the inside out and then wait for it to dry and oil it

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The Fatty said:
arnt k&n's unaffected by water?! i thought it couldnt pass thru the element?!

Wash in warm soapy water , rinse it with tap inside the filter so the crap washes away then re oil it with k+n filter oil . Jobs a good un !

MrBillyUK !