ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can it be too cold to was the car

106 GTi
Last weekends temps where fine, not sure I would want to be out there when it is near on freezing though!

LY V6 with Recaros
It was pretty cold when I washed mine last weekend but it was ok. I was bloody freezing though, and it's got even colder now! Brr! I remember washing my last car a couple of years ago when it was freezing, and the water just froze on the car!

Broken Diesel Megane :(
It was pretty cold when I washed mine last weekend but it was ok. I was bloody freezing though, and it's got even colder now! Brr! I remember washing my last car a couple of years ago when it was freezing, and the water just froze on the car!

lol, i did the same thing a couple years ago too. gave up, cant fight jack frost lol

106 GTi
I remember trying to wash my old 205 GTi as it was going on to be used by Top Gear the next day and it was filthy. The weather was freezing so normally I would not have bothered, but needs must and all that, fine at the washing stage with nice warm water, came to rise it off with cold water and all the droplets froze before I could dry it off. Car was hanging by the time I drove down there anyway and needed rewashing so I should have not bothered.

106 GTi
As long as the panels are dry and not freezing cold to the touch you should be fine. Depends on what product you use. Any wax or sealnt that needs to stand for a while before removal will be a nightmare. A wipe on wipe of carnuba wax like P21s will probably be fine.

Worth investing in a spray wax/sealant type product at this time of year. I use Prima Hydo, Optimum Car Wax or Duragloss Aquawax. Easy to use when it is damp, cold and some can be used on wet paint.

106 GTi
my old 205 GTi as it was going on to be used by Top Gear the next day

Very brave of you ;)

Would you not let this man drive your car?

205-backing-out.jpg