ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CAN Network

Hi,

Do the Phase 2 172 Clios have a CAN network on them (not for diagnostics, just a powertrain one)? If so, where is it possible to access it (ABS controller is a favourite on VAG cars)?

I am interested in reading out information such as speed, rpm and outside temperature, so if anyone has any information (bus speed, CAN identifiers and scaling information) could they post it here or point me in the direction of where I might be able to find it.

Cheers

Try the superscan computer setup but its not cheap otherwsie Snap on its all expensive the clip diagnostics if you cna get one is about the same price when its all included at about £4k.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I have OBDII interface unit for Clio 172 MK2. Use Pocket PC/notebook via bluetoooth to read coolant temp, RPM, speed, air pressure, air temp and so on. Especially can find & clear fault code from clio. Great!
Remark: Clio is not CAN, is KWP20000.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
qqlucifer said:
I have OBDII interface unit for Clio 172 MK2. Use Pocket PC/notebook via bluetoooth to read coolant temp, RPM, speed, air pressure, air temp and so on. Especially can find & clear fault code from clio. Great!
Remark: Clio is not CAN, is KWP20000.

How much was the interface, and is that on the original ECU?
Cheers