ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can someone help me please

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Bit of a long one:

I've got a problem with my Clio. Few weeks ago after a longish trip away for the weekend my engine management light kept coming on. One the way home the clio started to really struggle to reach any kind of speed. Just seemed to rev normally but not really move anywhere at all. Also it sounded like a helicopter while sitting idle. First thing i did was plugg a basic diagnostic code reader in when i got home. It came up saying i had a cylinder 1 missfire. Decided to change all 4 spark pluggs in an attempt to fix it. Didn't work so i took it to my local garage who said they would replace the coil packs (all 4 of them) £180 later the problem seemed fixed, no warning lights engine running better than ever before.

A week later the light came back (engine running fine, but with the light back.) plugged the reader in again this time it said cylinder 2 missfire. Rang the garage, they said it was possible the coil pack they replaced in number 2 was faulty so they would change it for me. Again once they'd changed it the light went out and didn't come back... until now, the light is back again and i've plugged the reader in again and we're back to cylinder 1 missfire !

Anyone have any f**king idea what this could be? i'm starting to worry it is going to be something expensive

Cheers, Dan

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
$T2eC16dHJHQE9nzEzsvOBQSJHKCUEQ~~60_12.jpg
They look like these ones i think...Do you think its because they're cheap ones they've replaced them with then?