ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can you identify this noise?

Clio 182
Hi all, this is my first thread so I thought I'd say hi!

The reason for the reason was that I was hoping someone could help me identify the strange scraping grinding noise which has just started on my 182 in the last few days.

The sound is coming from the front passenger side wheel.

The video is not ideal as there's lots of wind noise but you can hear it faintly between 0:02 and 0:04.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pki3PFv77Rk

I think it may be brake related but I only hear it when I turn right and even when traveling in a straight line without touching my brakes.

I hope it's just a pad that needs replacing and nothing too expensive as I've only just bought the car!!

I'd like to tell my mechanic what needs doing so he doesn't think i'm a bit nutty!

Thanks guys, hope you can help me. :D

Suzuki Ignis
I can slightly hear the sound you mean but not enough to tell you what it might be. Best to get the wheel off and have a poke about. Look at the pads, see how low they are, could be some grit in between the pad and disc.

120d M-Sport
I heard the sound, sounds like the brake pad is slightly touching the disk :S

Whip the wheel off and take a look id say mate :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
if your worrying about that slight sound i wouldn't have bought a 182 lol

Clio 182
it sounds really quiet on the video but it actually is quite loud when driving! Knowing my luck, if I ignored it it'd probably turn into something worse.