ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can you insure a V6 at 19?

Stus V6 had one... What ever happened to him?

Not seen any posts from him for ages

Cya Stu... lol

Last edited:
after searching hi and lo. Im sure you will get some one to insure you, but expect to pay rediculous money for it!

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
good luck fella. im 19 and have had 172 since i was 17 and now iv got a trophy.and the other 172 so i think it can be done but stupis doh. and befor anybody says anything its not mummy and daddy

Renaultsport Clio 182
Elephant should do it. They seem to insure anyone of anything. My mate has just passed his test, they wanted £3800 to insure a Cooper-S though!

Monaro VXR
I just went and got a quote on the aa for a laugh for a V6 im 22 1 yrs no claims put 7000 miles a year down. And secure parking at my apartment block.....Get this £6562

I know im not working and im a student and i live in a high risk area in central manchester but damn!

being a student gives you a lower premium then most jobs, try being an estate agent, as soon as you mention that you pay top whack for insurance. I've got 2yrs ncb, am 20, 1 minor accident, good post code, still cheapest quote for a mk1 172 and a 182 is £2000

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
theduckeatspork said:
being a student gives you a lower premium then most jobs, try being an estate agent, as soon as you mention that you pay top whack for insurance. I've got 2yrs ncb, am 20, 1 minor accident, good post code, still cheapest quote for a mk1 172 and a 182 is £2000

Maybe I'm missing something obvious? But why does that alter your premium?

MERCEDES CLS AMG
^^ Insurance companies have 2 categories for males....blue collar and white collar. White collar means you work in an office and are educated with hardly any intention of modifying your car - blue collar means you are a mechanic / engineer etc and may have the knowledge or intent to mod your car yourself. I know and you know that is a load of rubbish but thats how they work.

Your occupation does effect your premium but it really depends on how old you are and your driving history

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
:S Thanks for the explanation, I always did wonder why you had to give a specific job on insurance forms.

for some reason students get one of the best rates for a set age and driving history. Insurnace companies probably think they havent got enough money to put much petrol in, lol.

Monaro VXR
Checked out confused.com earlier and either i was refused quotes or insuring a MK1 172 valued at £5000 6000miles a year 1 yrs no claims. and TPFT it was still over £2500! with maximum voluntary excess. FC was £3700.

Seriously my house address should not be making it that high. Ive seen people getting lower quote's with no NCB and younger than me. On 182's etc.

Just getting a quote for a 1.2 16v was over £1600 a year. Something far wrong with my insurance quotes i have never been able to get a normal quote yet via the internet. I put my mum on my quotes, i say its garaged its got thatcham cat 1 security etc etc and the quotes are still ridiculous.

If i woulda found a normal quote for my insurance i wouldnt be making do driving a sodding C4 id have been driving a trophy i went in to my local dealer when they were just coming out had could have afforded to buy and run the car well everything except insurance they wanted over £4000 a year for it. ANd that was the same with around 9 companies i tried.

Civic type R
If you put up a volentry excess of £2-5k then that should bring the price down.

It shows you have confidence and they will get you to sign for it.

Try it should work.

Obviously the higher the excess the lower the premium.

Steve

Focus ST-2
This post got me Interested to see how much i would be for a v6,

23 3 years ncb
2004 v6
£787.74 extra excess £100

think i might have to get one now :)

Monaro VXR
Give it another couple years 3yrs no claims should make a massive difference to my prices and then can get rid of the citroen and come back to a clio RS probably.

I absolutely love the new RS really hope they live up to the standards of the current models.

And most of the other newer cars i see on the road just have no character. The new golf i think looks rather boring and ugly nearly all the new bmw's look ugly same with the mercs there just becoming dull.

Where as the french seem to actually be trying to create something different which is why i ended up buying a C4 coupe. Just so different to anything out there right now. Which is why they appeal to me. Although i have always loved the clios. Which is why i want another one. Would just like to have some sensible insurance!

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Dalco type R said:
If you put up a volentry excess of £2-5k then that should bring the price down.

can you specify how much excess you pay? i didnt know that you could pay voluntary excess of that much

Monaro VXR
If i woulda known you could do excess like that!....BUGGERY!

Oh well its a little late now i pick up my C4 on friday morning.