ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can you overwash or overpolish a car...

M2 Competition
Lol, i wondered this.

Surely overtime aggressive claying and pc'ing will take off the layers of paint?

Oh and once a week/ fortnight, wash mitt shampoo and chamois dry.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
u dont need to polish regularly, every 4 months or so, dpendant on weather and conditionof bodywork and the products on the car

Ph1 172
tend to wash every 2-3wks Have not polished this year though its gona be a right nightmare on friday and saturday b4 fcs because my roof has faded quite badly and im not sure how im going to bring it up

106 GTi
Lol, i wondered this.

Surely overtime aggressive claying and pc'ing will take off the layers of paint?

Oh and once a week/ fortnight, wash mitt shampoo and chamois dry.

Claying wont remove any paint or clearcoat, polishing will.

I try and limit proper polsihing to once a year. Weekly wash won't do any harm.

I think I last washed mine in May :D

Shocking ;)

Shed.
i was mine all the time, generally once every 3 days. polish about 1 time a month if that and egp the thing quite regularly, sometimes once a week....

106 GTi
Claying wont remove any paint or clearcoat, polishing will.

Shocking ;)
really :S

Claying removes stuck on things washing alone wont. It works by shearing off things stuck to the surface of the paint. It does not polish or cut paint like a compound or cutting polish will. Also despite thread on here it will not make you car shiny - just makes it clean and smooth!