ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can you recalibrate your speedo

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

Can you reclibrate your speedo, as ive got different profile tyres on standard alloys at the moment and my car seems to be reading 10% above the actual speed.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Err... how the hell can you have got it 10% out?!

You must have gone from tiny wheels/tyres to huge wheels with not particularly low profile tyres on.

What were the originals and what are they now?!

Take a look here >>>

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

This will work it out for you...

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

The tyres went from 185/55/r15 to 195/45/515 on ph2 rims, it says about 5% out but from the people overtaking me yeaterday in a 50 zone on the motorway id say its more like 7-10%

Skoda Fabia vRS

well m8, even in the digital camera zones people still tend to do slightly over, like 55 in the 50 etc

plus when we were tryin it yesterday, it would seem like 7% cos mine is 2% out too but the other way

say it says 60 on mine and on yours, then im doin 62 and your doin 57, but if you pace me then yours will probably read 55

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

you got to get a different gear apparently, so instead im getting new wheels so i can have the right rolling radius again

Bigger wheels make you read slower on the clock than your actually going, not faster. Always handy in keeping the milage down on the clock

If you really want something to accurately give you your speed just go out and buy a cycle computer and attach it to your rear wheel. They work fine up to about 250mph.

yea, You can get your speedo calibrated. The place which converted my rev counter to work with my ignition system do it apparently.

Ill think about having it done when I get bigger wheels I think.

Daz.