ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can you....

Nissan R35 GT-R

Yes you can but you may experience Knocking (or detonation) when you get high up the revs. I have not tried it myself, but Im pretty sure it wont be any good for the engine since the engine management is mapped around 98 RON. The car is equipped with knock sensors, but I wouldnt really put the life of a few grands worth of engine in the hands of what is essentially a microphone! Im not sure those babies could r****d the ignition sufficiently to actually allow the car to use 95 RON.

Only do it if you really have too.

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Im running on 93, and all the cars here seem fine. Not sure if Renault do anything to the cars they export here.

Also just realised we live at 1500m above sea-level so I dont think the cars would run lean with 93 here at this altitude.

We also only get 95 at thew coast so I guess its ok to run 95

ive been running on regular unleaded since day 1 with no apparent problems so far. But then ive only done 4000miles...

Me too...

Normal unleaded, for 6K. Still managed to scare the crap out of myself on the back roads out of Nottingham........:oops:

I only use normal unleaded, 4800 miles now and no ill effects from what I have seen and if the 1/4 miling was anything to go by then my car was around the same as guys using Optimax sooooooooo......... I dunno if it makes a difference.

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

Hi Frosty.

The pinking sensor (knock sensor) is actually quite good.

It monitors all cylinders as they fire. If a detonation (pinking) is detected on any cylinder or multiple cylinders, that cylinders firing is retarded by -7 degrees. It then monitors the cylinder every 48 revs, if no pinking is detected it will advance the timing for that cylinder +1 degree every 48 revs until its back to normal timing. If however, it continues to "pink" after the 7 test cycles, that cylinder will be permanently retarded by 7 degrees until the engine is switched off.

I think I trust them!

Over to you Frosty.

Cheers, Bob RTE