ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Canceling Sky+

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
As above in the next month or so i'm going to cancel my account. Been with them for around 15 year Sky then Sky+. I was wondering how long do you have to give them to cancel is it a 1 month? Also with me been with them that lenth of time i was wondering if they will give me some sort of discount deal for eg Sky HD. Any one have their number for the relevant department so i can give them a bell. I'm not sure if any of you have had this, that's why i'm posting it up on here.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Tell them you're moving abroad or you'll be on the phone for hours.

Jap Box
Tell them you're moving abroad or you'll be on the phone for hours.

This.

Told them I was moving house but didn't want to keep my subscription and they kept of hassling me with new offers and the likes. In the end I gave them a postcode in a proper rural area where their broadband wouldn't work so they would just shut up about it all.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I sent them a email explaining my situation, waiting for a reply back. Saving the phone bill. If no reply ill give them a ring. I said to them Ill be moving out soon see what they can do for me. If they can't do me a offer I'm happy with ill just have to cope with free view.

Goliath I
Speak to 20 different people, with 20 different accents through 20 different numbers, then extend contract a further 12 months only this time with Sky Movies included.

Well, that's what happened when I tried last year

Called after my first year a few months ago and got £7 off my £35 bill for six months just by asking. I plan to call frequently and get the best deal possible!

I guess if you really want to cancel, just tell em straight.

I sent them a email explaining my situation, waiting for a reply back. Saving the phone bill. If no reply ill give them a ring. I said to them Ill be moving out soon see what they can do for me. If they can't do me a offer I'm happy with ill just have to cope with free view.

020 7126 7020

Pain in the arse to cancel. Done our's last week as we're sick of problems with call backs on several boxes. Took about half an hour of bullshit on the phone.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
I found it very easy to cancel my Sky subscrition when I moved to Virgin.

I told them I was changing to Virgin, and if they could match the package exactly (including the 100mb BB) I would stay with them. Of course they couldn't, so the call lasted about 5 minutes maximum. He did try slagging Virgin off, which I found a little unprofessional, and tried to tell me that Sky would have a comparible BB service next year, but when I quizzed him about it, it would be a max of 60mb.

I do keep getting silly offers from them throught he post though, the last one they sent was less than half price everything for 12 months making the top package (with Movies and Sport) top BB and top phone package about £25. Only problem with that is they expect me to use my old HD box, which I ripped apart for the 500gb HD! I've no intention of returning to them anyway.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
They can't take a direct debit if you cancel the direct debit instruction, however they can still send you bills via invoice, which if unpaid will be passed to debt collection agencies. I work for an ISP and this standard practice.

so not sure why you suggested it..

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I'd like to stay with them if I can just as long they can give me a super deal, I'm not interested with the BB or phone stuff though. It's strange that some get great deals and some don't

Clio 197
If you ring up and specifically say you want to cancel they will pass you to the retentions department which I understand have greater power over the offers they can give. The best they can offer me at the moment is movies (for more money ) or hd upgrade (more money).

I rang them asking of they could better my deal before I got through the hassle of pricing up alternatives. The options above were suggested as the only options despite me saying I wanted to reduce my monthly cost not increase it!

The thing that annoys me with them is that my broadband is .5mb download so shocking but the fibre option from BT with tv and phone would be a comparable monthly cost (£60) I need to decide if I can be bothered switching or not.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I had a reply of Sky regarding the email I sent them their ringing me tomorrow. See what they can offer me. Also a question I've got the white Sky+ box can that be used as a spare box in a different room as mine will be the main HD box

I had a reply of Sky regarding the email I sent them their ringing me tomorrow. See what they can offer me. Also a question I've got the white Sky+ box can that be used as a spare box in a different room as mine will be the main HD box

Multiroom? £10 p/m per box.