ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cannon eos 7d

Cupra
Nope, I'm on a 5DII. You can't go wrong with a 7 though! Amazing cameras, I wish my 5 had some of the features of the 7.

Cupra
I ordered a 5, waited 2 months for it, the 7 was released, I changed my order then my 5 turned up on my desk... I could not send it back. :D

No regrets, but the flash control, focus and FPS are all things that I would have appreciated.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
it is a good camera but im still very much getting to grips with it as its along way away from things like the 40d in terms of menu systems, focus settings etc. meaning it takes longer to get the best out of it. the only bad thing i have noticed about it is the full AF mode (there are like 6 different focus modes) but the full AF mode has two brackets through the view finder like ( ) and then it detects from 19 points within them. I have found though that rather than evaluating the whole scene and focusing on the main subject it tends to focus on the closest thing to the camera. The only way around this is to set a spot focus point (which you can expand to zones etc) but if you are doing quick snaps of non moving objects its probably quicker just to switch to MF.

will get some examples up for you but in the middle of running a batch resize on PS. Im hopefully off to brands hatch on thursday so will be able to give the AF a decent test. also play with a new feature which allows you to adjust the sensitivity of the Ai servo function when traking objects depending on how fast they are moving which sounds quite cool.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
web-1.jpg

A blue one
thankyou for all the replies people, should be going ahead with the buy soon :D, will get pictures up when i get the hang of it lol.

thanks gazz.

A blue one
well i picked it up about 2 weeks ago, havnt been using it much but i washed the car yesterday and got a couple of pics, my dads helping me get to grips with things.

really good slr this!! will have to try and get a few pics up soon.

gazz.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
first thing you should do is take it off the full auto AF mode with the brackets like ( ) as its rubbish lol, just use the expanded point mode

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
How you guys getting on with your respective 7's ?

I'm seriously thinking about upgrading from my FourFiddy...!

It's a crop sensor (right?) so my Sigma 10-20 will be ok...??

Also wondering if should get the 'kit' lens (15-85 IS USM) or save the few hundred quid..

I've currently got 450d + 18-55 kit lens - plus: Canon 55-250 IS, 50f1.8, and Sigma 10-20, and would probably be selling the camera with the kit lens.

Thoughts, chaps ? :coffee:

Thanks !!

Cupra
It is a crop and the 10-20 will work perfectly on it.

The 15-85 gets very good reviews from what I have read. If you fancy getting a different lens, you could also get it with the kit lens and sell it off for a profit, if the price works out well. I did the same with my 5DII and 24-105 and the sale of the lens meant that the body cost me 300 less than I could have bought it for from the shop.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Found one >here< at a local company to me .. 3 yrs warranty too.

£1499 with the USM 15-85 .. am I missing a catch or is this a genuine deal !? Lots of cameras for cheap from HK but would rather spend a couple hundred more and not have the hassle of a box full of broken bits turning up / no bits at all turning up / an authentic ebay special Cannern 7d turning up ....

since you can pick up in store just go to the store and see if it is an import (plug for charger will be different). if it is don't bother if its not then get it.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
welcome to club buddy, first thing to do is swap the AF mode from Full auto mode (as its rubbish and only ever focuses on the closest thing in the frame, rather than the biggest / most dominant subject in the frame) and put it to spot AF or expanded spot AF mode

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Yes the 15-85 USM. :)

The auto focus thing .. I was attempting to do this late last night but .. well, honestly, how complicated can they make it !?!

Can someone give me a clue please haha ! There's far too many focus functions to turn on / off.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
access the standard menu on the back that shows shutter speed, aperture, iso etc. select the focus mode. then use the button labelled M-fn (or something like that) near the shutter button to scroll to a different focus mode

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
ahhh i've figured it out .. hit the [Q] button .. then go to the focus bit and hit m-fn

this is going to be a struggle for a while haha.

the 450 feels like a toy camera already though :)

cheers !!