ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cannonball 8000 2006 Video

Clio172cup, Capri 3.9 V8
Hi All,

As some of you might be aware I recently attended this years cannonball 8000 rally to Budapest. I was supposed to do it in my V8 Capri but unfortunately due to a suspect head gasket on the day before I decided to use my clio cup instead.

Here is a compilation video of our journey.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-3448131949273452062

If you missed the our report you read it from the link below

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...&MyToken=a0221720-6092-4a1f-b817-33e3c54f3315

More to come including Hungaroring and Nurburgring vids.

Many Thanks

130i, 306 hdi, vrs
Lushman was you at bedford autodrome in feb this year im sure ive seen your cars before ,
you started in that capri and then you went and got your cup ?

Clio172cup, Capri 3.9 V8
Thanks for the replies. All credit for the video goes to Ollie & Nik @ www.turbo-nutters.co.uk for creating it from the footage we gave them.

All of it was great, the Hungaroring was the best point for me but a close 2nd was the police convoy from the race track to the Hotel in budapest. hitting speeds of over 100mph in places in the convoy keep up with Mr plod. The reception in Budapest was awesome I felt like a celebriity. ITV1 will be showing coverage of the cannonball rally 5th December 11.00pm so make a slot in your diary for that. I've already signed up for next year but should be doing it in something totally different.

Last edited:
  Clio172cup, Capri 3.9 V8
eo52vug said:
Lushman was you at bedford autodrome in feb this year im sure ive seen your cars before ,
you started in that capri and then you went and got your cup ?

Yep it sure was the Capri had a petrol leak so went back to get the clio at Lunch time.

I do remember another blue cup there and a trophy.

Cheers

182 and 5 GTT
Great vid! Would love to do that in a few years time. Did you put a post on pistonheads about it? As ive read your blog before! What was the 3rd song used aswell as my brains gone blank!

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Just saw that Ben Scamell, the guy whos doing the pipeline card thing did that rally. Cool.

Clio172cup, Capri 3.9 V8
Nick_R182 said:
Great vid! Would love to do that in a few years time. Did you put a post on pistonheads about it? As ive read your blog before! What was the 3rd song used aswell as my brains gone blank!

I haven''t posted on Pistonheads.com but it may have been done by my co-driver or one of the cannonball rally drivers as it was posted on there website Cannnonball8000.com

the track is by 'Rob d' and 'Clubbed to Death' taken from the Matrix although it could be a remix of what I have.

Clio172cup, Capri 3.9 V8
Kelly_ said:
How much did it all end up costing if you don't mind me asking?

We paid over £4000 entrance fee and around 500 in fuel, it would have been alot more in the capri. Plus all the bits you need for driving abroad, gps system fire extinguisher etc although these can be used again. Spending money and beer tokens are also required.

If I can a get a sponsor for next year to help pay the entrance fee then I will do it cancer research next year. I was given donations from a few websites and work mates to help me.

172 Cup 2003
Well done many people dream of doing it but never do it well for not being one of those Great film and next year cancer research is a great cause to help...u could get alot of donations off here as cancer effects almost every family.

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
cool, just out of interest, what would you say your average speeds were on the motorways. i hear stories of these people going flat out in some seriously exactic cars but surely not all the time!

Clio172cup, Capri 3.9 V8
Thanks glad you all liked it, we averaged around 100+ on the autobahns taking it to 140 on a few occasions.