ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Canon 350d?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Hi guys, been offered one of these at a very good price but don't know much about them...

Anyone have any opinions? Been after a DSLR for ages and this seems a good beginners one

Ta:eek:

For someone with no prior knowledge its a good little starter, I cringe when I hold mine now but its still a very capable camera none the less :)

How much is it being offered for, presume its with the 18-55 kit lens?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
For someone with no prior knowledge its a good little starter, I cringe when I hold mine now but its still a very capable camera none the less :)

How much is it being offered for, presume its with the 18-55 kit lens?

I have lots of knowledge, just no way of putting my knowledge into practise:star:

It's going for £200, good? And yeah its with the 18-55 lens, which i hear is pretty pony tbh.

Sounds like a reasonable price, I'd be happy to shift mine for that.

Ask for an f/22 picture of the sky first though, as my sensor is a mess I'd check to see if this one needs a clean. Could be up to £60 for a clean at a local store or £20-30 for all the parts to do it yourself. Also see if they can estimate the shutter count, they may or may not have kept track of the IMG number though.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Cheers for the info guys.

However, after thinking about it I think I'll give it a miss and save up for the 400d instead. Good choice?

Shutter count can be found using:

For shutter actuations you just need to get one photo from the camera and use this little program. Thanks to ukaskew for showing me this one!

http://drchung.new21.net/previewextractor/

Great piece of software.... if you shoot Nikon, no finding the shutter count on any XXXD Canon's unless the user keeps the IMG numbers in order...

Oh and yeah be worth going for the 400D or 30D over the 350D, the AF isn't the best.