ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Canon 70-200 F4L

SchwepTek™
Can I see some example shots please anyone?

What price do these fetch 2nd hand? My mates offered me one that he bought new about a year ago but has only used a handful of times.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
i picked mine up for £300 (which was cheap at that time it was normally £350+), but that was a while ago price have gone up since then although may have come back down a bit. Its an awesome lens, i use it with a kenko DG x1.4 teleconvertor which is just as good quality as the canon convertor but cheaper (especially if the ebay listing is mis-titled lol picked mine up for £23, normally are about £70)

here are some examples for you mate all shot on a canon 10d so keep in mind that its only 6.3megapixel and is like 7 year old technology now. not had a chance to use it on my 7d yet, hopefully going to brands hatch on thursday as there is an open pit lane track day on.

2.jpg

more here http://www.8-bg.co.uk/BMCRC.html

and

2.jpg

more here http://www.8-bg.co.uk/BTTC.html

Last edited:

dk

911 GTS Cab
loads of pics have been posted before, tbh, you don't need to see pics, as i've seen amazing pics from s**t lenses (in comparison) from good photographers.

What you should know is it is very esy to use and get great shots from as an amateur,its just so fast and focuses perfectly every time.

Everyone who has ever bought or owned one on here has said its either 'the' best or one of the best in their arsenal, thats all you really need to know tbh.

Its my cheapest lens and easily my best.

Cupra
I'll also vouch for it. It was one of the sharpest lenses that I have used. The only reason that I sold it was that I wanted to get the 2.8 or 100-400. Still haven't decided.

Oil Burner
I would say thats about right or maybe a bit of a deal, have a look on ebay and see what they can sell on there for. It varies week to week.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Is it the IS? As the basic F4 L is ~£500 new if you hunt around, with a year's warranty... However it is a truly epic lens - love mine. As that pauper dk said who can't afford his membership, it's very, very quick and focuses bang on every time.

SchwepTek™
Awesome thing i will be getting it then as I currently only have the Canon 17-85mm IS.

It is only the F4 not the IS.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
i wouldnt worry about it not being IS especially if you are using it for motorsport as although the IS version has a second IS mode for moving subjects sometimes it can still be counter productive whilst panning as you are almost fighting against it. My lens is a non IS version. the lens is so sharp and focus is so quick you dont really need it

Oil Burner
IS is over-rated. Ive never missed it, the few times ive used lenses with it ive not noticed any real difference.

As mentioned for motorsports nearly no-body uses the IS even if their lens has it.

IS is over-rated. Ive never missed it, the few times ive used lenses with it ive not noticed any real difference.

As mentioned for motorsports nearly no-body uses the IS even if their lens has it.

To the OP, you will still do great with the Non-IS BUT IS is definitely not over rated.

I never missed it, till I had it :rasp:

Oil Burner
To the OP, you will still do great with the Non-IS BUT IS is definitely not over rated.

I never missed it, till I had it :rasp:

Out of interest when have you found it useful?

Most of my subjects are moving, so i have never found it helped.

Oil Burner
They are pretty impressive shots.

Im still not a convert though ;)

this is a bit shorter than most of your shots, But its still 1/5th at 13mm

706912327_w8jDR-M-1.jpg

I would imagine for wildlife or walking around it could only help. The catch for me is that it interfears with panning and i know i would forget to turn it off/on when i did or didnt want it.

Its also pricey, One day maybe.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Buy it Scwepp, especially at that price. Absolutely stunning lens. :)

This is straight from camera if I remember correctly, will have output sharpening applied, but the lens is so sharp that it probably didn't need much, if any:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ianflaherty2/3625662279/

(I would post the photo up but I can't remember my log in details for that account lol)

dunganick, great shot, your technique + IS and you'd go even slower ;) but yup it sure is expensive combined with fast glass!

Back on topic, a couple of shots from longleat.. love the AF speed..

3551862309_439e5dcb66_o.jpg

3551857335_2535760fec_o.jpg