ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can't Delete Files

BMW M3 - For Sale!
i have two files sittin on my desktop that i cant delete!

i have no viruses and i have ran scandisk and disk defragmenter and theyre still there.

file names are:
CAWJ1RUY.
CAZ7XHOM.

when i press delete, it says:
delete3.gif

properties of the file names are:
delete.gif

delete2.gif

does anyone have any idea what they are or how i get rid of them?

RB 182
I always find booting in safe mode usually works.

Why haven't the files got any extensions on them?

BMW M3 - For Sale!
no idea! they just appeared one day and stayed there!
how do you boot into safe mode on xp?

BMW M3 - For Sale!
right, just tried the spyware removal thing and also rebooted into safe mode and theyre still there

any other suggestions? thanks so far guys :D

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Try renaming it , then deleting it . The reason you might not be able to delete it is cos it doesn't actually look like its on your comp if that makes sense , like its already been deleted , the size 0 bytes .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I typed both names in google , usually if its a known piece of spyware , some kind of program google will find it . It couldn't find either of them .

RB 182
I know it's not helping but this is going to be a pain I can see coz the computer doesn't see it, thus you can't delete something that isn't there.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Is it running on the comp . get your task manager up and check if its in the processes if it is end them .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
benclelland said:
I know it's not helping but this is going to be a pain I can see coz the computer doesn't see it, thus you can't delete something that isn't there.

Exactly , its like something was deleted and these are the links left behind .

RB 182
The only thing I can recall looking like that is a *.bin file, but I don't suppose you can put anything for the file extension can you?

BMW M3 - For Sale!
benclelland said:
The only thing I can recall looking like that is a *.bin file, but I don't suppose you can put anything for the file extension can you?

nope cant change the extension

BMW M3 - For Sale!
oh wicked thank u ben!!!!

i used a program called 'delete fxp files' in the end and it worked fine :D