ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can't fill up car properly

182 clio
When i fill my car up, i can put in about £3 at a time, then it clicks as it would do on a normal car when its full
Any ideas
cheers

Astra Twintop
i think it might be the petrol pump?

or is it just a constant thing with all pumps?

dont squeeze the trigger too hard?

make sure its in their properly?

182 clio
Its at all stations i go to.. even wen i do it slowly i get a £5 a time tops, i didnt know whether it was something that needed replacing
put up with it at first but now its doing my nut

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
as said above dont put it in to far and dont squeeze the trigger all the way happens with em all the time, p!sses me of lol

T

thecremeegg

Turn the nozzle upside down. Puntos have this problem and that seems to work

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
This is going to make me sound really dumb, but here goes....

A while ago I sold a pug 106 to a girl. Off she went to pick up her friends and go away for the weekend. I showed her how to work the petrol cap and all was fine. About 3 hours later she came back and was unhappy that the car wouldn't accept any fuel. The gague was showing empty, the light was on an sure enough when I took it to the petrol station I couldn't get the fuel in either! So, I gave her her money back and off she went. Never seen her since.

Anyway, I got fed up of this piece of s**t car looking at me everyday so I took it to my workshop who carry out all my repairs and left it there. They called me about 2 hours later to say that the car was full with petrol and it was the gague at fault...

FFS!