ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can't get iOS7, phone full up...?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
As above, my crappy old phone says its got no room for iOS7, and I need to delete some stuff. But I use all the apps, and I'm not deleting photos/videos of the kids.

What can I do?!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Apps I don't worry about. I had a couple of games on there at over 1GB each. Short of space? Just deleted them and re-downloaded them.

D.

Ah ok so if I delete the games (my sons games I may add!) then do the iOS7 thing, then I can re-download the games?

Goliath I
I deleted all my news apps and anything that doesn't store/save stuff to the app. Then re-downloaded them later.

You can do the same with your photos, transfer them to laptop/PC then put then back. But any games you delete I believe it will delete the saved progress also

Ah ok so if I delete the games (my sons games I may add!) then do the iOS7 thing, then I can re-download the games?

You can do but I'm not sure it will save his progress on them.
Can you not sync them with the pc so they're saved on there, then sync again but don't include the apps if that makes sense?

Last edited:
  Megane 225 F1
If he syncs to his laptop, he may as well just do the update through iTunes and not need to get rid of any of his apps / games.

Daniel just plug it into your laptop / computer / p**n machine. Open iTunes and then select your iPhone from the left hand panel. Then Check for software update in the middle screen.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If he syncs to his laptop, he may as well just do the update through iTunes and not need to get rid of any of his apps / games.

Daniel just plug it into your laptop / computer / p**n machine. Open iTunes and then select your iPhone from the left hand panel. Then Check for software update in the middle screen.

Ok, i'm panicking now. I did what you said, had to click a couple of 'agree' boxes and then it started updating.

After 10 mins it flashed up and said that there was an error. Then it flashed up that I have to restore my phone before I can connect to itunes???? Is this normal? I don't want to restore it if i'm going to lose all my pics/vids.

My phone is just a grey screen, nothing on it but it is mildly lit and still plugged into my computer.

I f**king hate technology. Utter w**k.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Did you back it up before you updated?

I think so.

Now the phone has got an itunes symbol on it and a USB lead with an arrow above it.

My laptop now says ''Itunes has detected an iphone in recovery mode. You must restore this iphone before connecting to itunes''

Oh ffs. Stupid f**king piece of s**t update t***s.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
''The iphone could not be restored. And unknown error occured''

WTF have I done to my phone???

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
The thing is even if you backed it up unless you transferred purchases none of your apps will be backed up and you'll have to download them all again.

Should have bought a nexus.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
AARRRGHGHGHGHGH!!!!!!!!!! f**k you apple you f**king c**t ***** c**t f***s.

The first person I see in the Apple shop tomorrow will be picking their teeth up off the floor by 9.01am.

f**king f**k sake f**k.

White APE
Mine did this about 5 times and in the end it finally sorted it self by just keep trying.