ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can't get wiper arm off!

GW RS200
Seriously amateurish question here I'm sure: I can't get my drivers side wiper arm off - taken both the two big bolts off, but it still feels virtually welded on. What the hell were the bolts for then?! I've given it some seriously stick with the bolts off and it's on extremely firmly still. Am I missing undoing a fixing or some other trick, or should I just be applying brute force?!

GW RS200
Yes the whole actual arm - I need access to the resistor pack, which very usefully can't be accessed without removing the whole arm first :-(

S.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Mine were a bit of a bugger to get off too, try prising it off with a screwdriver. They are only push fitted onto a splined shaft.

you need a puller to get them off. my rear one was stuck fast, 2 mins with the puller tool and it fell off :)

Breaking A 172 Replica
I just hit mine with a wooden mallet a few times. Then i just prized it open with a crow bar!

Sam

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
You don't need to take it off to get to the resister pack, its under a separate panel on the drivers side scuttle.

GW RS200
nice - never knew you could get such a thing! And Brian's right - no need for removal to get to the resistor pack!