ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Capturing the Red Arrows!!

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
my skills at capturing the red arrows suck big time!!!

i got one, maybe at a push two decent photos.

DSCN10721.jpg

DSCN1101Large.jpg

DSCN1093Large.jpg

DSCN1091Large.jpg

DSCN1089Large.jpg

DSCN1083Large.jpg

DSCN1074Large.jpg

DSCN1071Large.jpg

DSCN1066Large.jpg

DSCN1064Large.jpg

DSCN1059Large.jpg

DSCN1053Large.jpg

at least my macro skills are better

DSCN1144Large.jpg

DSCN1129Large.jpg

DSCN1165Large.jpg

DSCN1173Large.jpg

DSCN1186Large.jpg

Bumder With A Buffer
Think your lens might be dirty or something as in the Red Arrow photo's there is marks in the centre of each picture?? I thought it was my screen and was scrubbing around!

Those makro ones are awesome By the Way :)

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
no its where my lasers has destroyed the sensor in the camera, im getting a new one very very soon.

dk

911 GTS Cab
you have the oppposite problem to me andy, i'm the other way around.

What lens were you using?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
im using a nikon coolpic 8700

my problem is knowing what settings i need and how to work the camera properly

Better than yours. C*nt.
A couple from my trip to Farnborough earlier this year - shot with a Canon Digital Ixus 75 as my A2 was being ghey.

Arrows1.jpg

Arrows2.jpg

Arrows3.jpg

Arrows4.jpg

Arrows5.jpg

Arrows6.jpg

Arrows7.jpg

im using a nikon coolpic 8700

my problem is knowing what settings i need and how to work the camera properly

I found the best way was a fairly quick shutter speed, then pan the planes so the camera gets them in focus before snapping away!!

Also depends how quickly the camera does auto focus.

My best result was:

dsc0107qx9.jpg

This was at a shutter speed of 1/1250, f5.6 and iso 200 if thats any help!

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
ok cheers, focusing was a big problem.

isnt there a way to get the camera to keep focusing rather than adjusting once to focus??

vers le haut doigt milieu
dont auto focus! its quicker to hold ur shutter on whilst following ur subject rolling ur focus out.

Ur close up pics are very good btw!

dk

911 GTS Cab
ok cheers, focusing was a big problem.

isnt there a way to get the camera to keep focusing rather than adjusting once to focus??
depends on the camera i guess, my canon 350d has the servo focus so its constantly focusing as you move it for things like motorsport photography, but it does drain the battery.

The auto focus will also depend on your lens and whether it is fast at focusing etc.

Everything is always better in manual! However practice makes perfect. I never use auto focus due to the fact I've always slated my photographer mates for doing so. you will only notice if you zoom right into the image, however no matter your framing and lighting the 1st thing a sales person will do is zoom right in and go through ur images sharp, sharp, soft etc. Im ranting ur not doing billboards, as DK says a constantly focusing camera works make sure u set the right focus point. The downside is will focus on the most amount of detail around ur target, like if ur looking at a rally car trying to focus on the drivers eyes it will focus on the mud splats on the bumper. Just sit at the start of the runway at Heathrow airport and practice.

na na, u should be alright andy however if it was me they would shoot on site!

Not bad in the end - it would help if your camera wasn't evil and possessed by a menu system that I swear is completely random and as unhelpful as is humanly and technologically achievable!!