ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car broken down

172 with k-tec sound
hi guys hoping u may be able to advise me well was driving along today was coming upto a roundabout and car made a funny sound like a gratting sound then car ground to a halt now it turns over it wont start its gone to dealers as its under warranty

172 with k-tec sound
Sounds like a belt mate
thanx mate r u thinking cambelt spoke to garage they saying cambelt is still on fly wheel but theyv only managed to get part of cover off but cant see the rest of belt but lad seems sure its not the cambelt thats snapped

172 with k-tec sound
well im jumping for joy all it is is the timing its out the garage have said is this some thing that happens with 172s

172 with k-tec sound
well been to garage this morning and they are saying the timin belts sliped:dapprove: they are putting a new one on etc checking valves to see if they are bent if they are then they will replace them big job how long will that take any one know im pissed off

Renault clio 172
im in the middle of replacing my conrods at the mo mte me and my mate could have had the whole engine stripped down new rods in pistons etc back in engine togother and working in less than two days, if we had all the parts there and then,, so i should think if there worth there weight then it shouldnt take them to long, considering my cars on axle stands on my drive and dont have the tools they do.

Wouldnt worry mate at least it isnt costing you anything!

172 with k-tec sound
thanx guys just been speaking to a goood friend of mine a mecanic hes saying that belt sliping will only have damaged pistons hope fully n not the valvs

Hi,I have the same problems my car have broken this THURSDAY,and was the timing belt.At this moment I only now that exhaust valves are bent,if the cambelt is broken your valver are bent 100% safe,sorry:(
I hope my pistons will be ok

320d
Had it had the belts changed at the correct intervals?

Cambelts are a weak point on the F4R engine it seems, if they have not been changed at the correct time. A coulple a month go on this site alone. I would not run or buy a 1*2, or any car for that matter, with an over due belts.

172 with k-tec sound

Cambelts are a weak point on the F4R engine it seems, if they have not been changed at the correct time. A coulple a month go on this site alone. I would not run or buy a 1*2, or any car for that matter, with an over due belts.
hi it had only just turned 5yr old it has 71k on clock but when i bought the car it had been stood 7 month not run ect for what reason i dont know perrys say it needs some valves dont know how many also they are doing its timing belt they say its pretensioner faild causing belt to slip they are waiting for ther assesore to come and see what the macanic is saying is true cos its going to cost more than 500 quid

172 with k-tec sound

hi it had only just turned 5yr old it has 71k on clock but when i bought the car it had been stood 7 month not run ect for what reason i dont know perrys say it needs some valves dont know how many also they are doing its timing belt they say its pretensioner faild causing belt to slip they are waiting for ther assesore to come and see what the macanic is saying is true cos its going to cost more than 500 quid