ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Cover

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I am in need of a good all year car cover for all my cars as I am moving house and I wont have a garage 😭 It is really for the E34 and another for the Z3 at the moment after seeing the price of some but wouldn't mind getting the Clio one in the near future.

Needs to be for all weather, rain, sun, snow, wind, breathable and fitted for that car.

What are people using?

I have seen the Stormforce All Weather Car Cover from carcovers.co.uk and they also do one for Z3's but they are £169 each. I am fine with that if that is the price of good all weather/all season car covers but before I commited wanted to see what others were using if there was a better option. Reviews for the one I linked do seem ok.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Halfords all season (small) for Clios. Mine sit out all winter and summer. Stick in a few dehumidifiers off Amazon and it’ll be dry as a bone in the spring.

They have 3 straps for under the car. They can withstand some serious winds.

IMG_1630.jpeg

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Halfords all season (small) for Clios. Mine sit out all winter and summer. Stick in a few dehumidifiers off Amazon and it’ll be dry as a bone in the spring.

They have 3 straps for under the car. They can withstand some serious winds.

View attachment 1665417
That looks ideal for the Clio and Z3, will get one of them. I usually chuck some dehumidifiers in it anyway over the winter.
What is the underside of it like? Is it that soft layer to stop it rubbing on paintwork? Wondering if this would also work well for something a bit more heavy duty to protect the E34.
To cover the Clio it is mainly to stop leaves and that getting caught up in the vents and drainage points as the new house is surrounded by trees and that.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
That looks ideal for the Clio and Z3, will get one of them. I usually chuck some dehumidifiers in it anyway over the winter.
What is the underside of it like? Is it that soft layer to stop it rubbing on paintwork? Wondering if this would also work well for something a bit more heavy duty to protect the E34.
To cover the Clio it is mainly to stop leaves and that getting caught up in the vents and drainage points as the new house is surrounded by trees and that.

Soft lining mate. Paid £46 for mine, size small.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
As Advikaz has said, soft lining. You might have seen the paintwork on my RB? Not a scratch. In fact inside the boot of my Clio, the one covered over, is a really expensive car cover 😂

They’re very heavy duty. I cover mine in summer as well just to keep the sun off it. The good thing about the three straps is it stops it moving around, so you don’t get any abrasion when it’s windy. Just check the straps are tight periodically .

I usually wait for a decent dry sunny day in the winter, then uncover it and go over it again with a soft cloth, just to prevent any moisture build up. I guess it’s really how well you look after your cars.

Last edited:

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
As Advikaz has said, soft lining. You might have seen the paintwork on my RB? Not a scratch. In fact inside the boot of my Clio, the one covered over, is a really expensive car cover 😂

They’re very heavy duty. I cover mine in summer as well just to keep the sun off it. The good thing about the three straps is it stops it moving around, so you don’t get any abrasion when it’s windy. Just check the straps are tight periodically .

I usually wait for a decent dry sunny day in the winter, then uncover it and go over it again with a soft cloth, just to prevent any moisture build up. I guess it’s really how well you look after your cars.
Sounds ideal then. I’ll take a look at them when I’m next in Halfords as forking out over £450 for three car covers is a bit excessive.

Well the E34 is the one I’m most worried about being outside. Currently lives in a carpeted garage lol. The paint is a bit thin in places being so old so don’t want any rub on it. That is also mainly covered even when in the garage. Yes I know it’s a bit much!

Clio 197
The Halford one are good but the soft lining can pick small bits up that cling to it so I find the storm force ones work best for me.
In the garage I use the classic additions ones. Expensive but so is getting any deep scratches painted etc 👍

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)

I posted this cover on detailing world. It was going to scratch my paint and lift the stickers on the car. Neither has happened:)

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
I posted this cover on detailing world. It was going to scratch my paint and lift the stickers on the car. Neither has happened:)
The first generation weren’t good as they became brittle after a year and easily ripped in high winds. These second generation ones are really good. Had them for years. No scratches on any of my cars.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Sounds ideal then. I’ll take a look at them when I’m next in Halfords as forking out over £450 for three car covers is a bit excessive.

Well the E34 is the one I’m most worried about being outside. Currently lives in a carpeted garage lol. The paint is a bit thin in places being so old so don’t want any rub on it. That is also mainly covered even when in the garage. Yes I know it’s a bit much!
Have you considered renting a garage? My mate at work has just rented one through an agent, £85pcm and it’s big enough to fit his 6 series in there plus a bit of storage behind it. I think that’s really good value.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Have you considered renting a garage? My mate at work has just rented one through an agent, £85pcm and it’s big enough to fit his 6 series in there plus a bit of storage behind it. I think that’s really good value.
Yes I have, I need to find who does it. Or through the council but I need to move first for that I am sure I read as then I’ll be paying their council tax. The girlfriends brother knows someone who might have space in their unit (they paint and fabricate cars which will be very useful!).