ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car cuts out HELP!

Clio MK 4
I'm worried. Was driving to gf's house and as i was at stand still at traffic lights my car cut out and had the STOP and Battery light on. It didnt stall or judder just cut quietly. Started up straight away.

Anyway as i drove home was going about 30mph and felt the car judder slightly and it cut again!! Again started up straight away?

Any one know whats happening? This has never happened before. I have full exhaust system and bmc air filter with CAF. It has been raining all day aswell.

I'm worried itl cut at an awkward place like motorway or down a hill.

Megane 225
I'm worried. Was driving to gf's house and as i was at stand still at traffic lights my car cut out and had the STOP and Battery light on. It didnt stall or judder just cut quietly. Started up straight away.

Anyway as i drove home was going about 30mph and felt the car judder slightly and it cut again!! Again started up straight away?

Any one know whats happening? This has never happened before. I have full exhaust system and bmc air filter with CAF. It has been raining all day aswell.

I'm worried itl cut at an awkward place like motorway or down a hill.

Sounds like a TDC sensor or possibly the map sensor! Get it on to the computer for a proper diagnostic!

Clio MK 4
thing is its not like when the car cut out all the lights didnt come on just battery and stop light.

I've done a search and read it could be the live cable to the alternator which could be on its way out? Then again most people cant start it when it cuts where as i can .

Civic Type-S GT
does it do it first thing after starting every now and again? if it does that's a dirty throttle body :)