ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Died – Help Please

Clio 182
Hello all,
History:
The car is a Clio 182. It is standard apart from lowering springs and a K Tec cat back exhaust. When I brought the car 6 months ago it ran fine but always felt a little lumpy.

One month ago the car had a full service including plugs and had the K Tec fitted, after this the car felt a bit lumpy on idle but was so much smoother when accelerating.

Issue:
On Friday I drove to work, the car felt fine and had been run for about 10 minutes so was up to temperature. I stopped at a set of lights and the engine cut out. I turned the key, all lights lit up and the engine turned over but would not fire at all.

I was towed home by the RAC, there are no warning lights on the dash so he stuck the code reader on and got the following:

DF004 – Sensor coolant temperature – Intermittent
Does this mean that there is a sensor somewhere that I should change?

DF308 – Changeover valve for induction damper – PRESENT
Even the RAC guy was not sure what this was, he called the call centre and was told it relates to a particle filter, as the air filter was changed at service do you think this could be the fuel filter? Is the fuel filter in the tank?

DF110 – Misfire causing catalyst damage – Intermittent

I guess that this is a result of the above two issues?

Sorry for the long post and thank you for reading, any help much appreciated as I am a bit stuck at the moment!

Clio 182
what did you read codes with? tried to start it again just n case it's crank sensor?
Hello,

The RAC guy used his code reader. He did manage to get the car running briefly with a squirt of 'quick start' but the car quickly cut out again. Because of this he said it was likely a fuelling issue which takes us back to DF308 and possibly the fuel filter?

dan's cast offs.
if the rac tell you the day ends with a y i still wouldn't believe them!! that's the acoustic valve, won't do anything.

sensor is coolant temp sensor and the other code is an injector.

Clio 182
if the rac tell you the day ends with a y i still wouldn't believe them!! that's the acoustic valve, won't do anything.

sensor is coolant temp sensor and the other code is an injector.
Ok now to make things more complicated- the car would not start after waiting an hour for the RAC. The car would still not start after being towed home.

I have just gone outside and it started first time no problem and is currently sitting on the drive idleing away happily. Hmmmm

I am obviously concerned about driving it anywhere now though.