ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car fault light on again!

clio sport 1.2 16v
my car got back from the garage just over 2 weeks ago and it cost me £117 for a gasket , 3 diagnosties clear codes and clean air presure control value fom manifoldand then £170 with a new lamber sensor. basicesly my car was stalling when i put my clutch in . now 2 weeks later my emmissions light has jus come on and my exhaust is blowing alot of smoke out of it when i accelerate. any idea?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Okay, firstly are you 100% sure its smoke and not condensation? Its cold out there now and cars will appear to produce white smoke a lot more now.

Secondly, what did they do, plug in to read the codes and then say "Yeah, needs a new Lambda sensor"? I bet its an H02 related code triggering the light again.

Mick

clio sport 1.2 16v
first they clean a air pressure thing not quite sure and then said it might come back and if it does it will need a lamber sensor and it may need two because clios have two . he only replaced one then it was fine . now this light have appeared . also about the smoke it may be because it was cold