ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car felt almost as if it was "stuck"

Clio 1.2
Hi all, I went to pull off my drive tonight. And as usual I put in reverse and took the handbrake off but when I went to pull away my car didn't move.

It was almost as if the brakes were still engaged? There were also some horid straining noises coming from the under the car.

So i decided to stop and try again, this time my car moved and I set off. If it makes any difference, this has happened a few times but never as bad as this time and tbh most times it happens after I have washed my car. (I washed my car aswell today)

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks.

Black 197
Happens every 5 minutes on 197s :(

Yup knowsit !

TBH the 197 brakes are a pain in the ass.. Only my rears stick after washing / rain etc..

But my god does my O/S front Brembo squeal... Been stripped, cleaned and greased 3 times in 2 months already... Cant get rid of the squeal. Im so tempted to get different calipers but not sure of my options. I cant live with a squealing brake i find it embarasing

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Yup knowsit !

TBH the 197 brakes are a pain in the ass.. Only my rears stick after washing / rain etc..

But my god does my O/S front Brembo squeal... Been stripped, cleaned and greased 3 times in 2 months already... Cant get rid of the squeal. Im so tempted to get different calipers but not sure of my options. I cant live with a squealing brake i find it embarasing

Shame that, considering how nice they look/perform.

Get a set of AP racing brakes ;)

Barge
Mine stick too, kind of annoying! Although quite worrying at first! And yep, they squeal - sounds like I've got a baby pig trapped in there most days!

Black 197
Yes!!! It's funking annoying! Had the window open last night whilst driving and must have had the music too low :cool: and could hear it squealing away! It is like a little piggy is in there.

Oh i see !

" Driving with music low to hear 197 exhaust note " - IMO of course

Noted ;)

Black 197
LOL. Raspy FTW. Depends on my mood, if I'm giving it some the music is down to hear the exhaust. :D General driving I'm rocking the tunes, innit.

You know that... something about the exhaust note....

Mind you im a fecker for my music... D & B ftw !!

Renault Clio S
I have the same problem - corrosion through water getting into the drums.

Usually, the brakes give when you try and pull away, but the last time this happened the back wheels just dragged and there was no give at all. I had to call the AA (I didn't have the home start service so had to pay a premium for that as the car was parked outside my house) who told me it was just another fault with Clios in general.

I had a trouble free few months since, but I washed the car at the weekend so expect the problem to return soon.

Edit: Oh, and the discs on the back have now started to squeek too even though I had them replaced a month ago. My tamed car mechanic tells me I'm hard on the brakes, but surely not hard enough to wear a set of new shoes through in a month!!!

Black 197
I have the same problem - corrosion through water getting into the drums.

Usually, the brakes give when you try and pull away, but the last time this happened the back wheels just dragged and there was no give at all. I had to call the AA (I didn't have the home start service so had to pay a premium for that as the car was parked outside my house) who told me it was just another fault with Clios in general.

I had a trouble free few months since, but I washed the car at the weekend so expect the problem to return soon.

Edit: Oh, and the discs on the back have now started to squeek too even though I had them replaced a month ago. My tamed car mechanic tells me I'm hard on the brakes, but surely not hard enough to wear a set of new shoes through in a month!!!

Handbrake turns much pmsl