ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car going in to garage for checks

Hi there lads and lasses, got the 172 going in on tuesday, for 3 things, 1 is a very slight oil leak, which mike at rentech picked up on, not serious but thought i may as well get it checked out. 2nd, the trip computer keeps on resetting itself, and 3rd,, the battery i think, had problems starting the car over the last 4 weeks, fiddled about, good tip i read from here, with the battery wires and it starts, told them in the garage yesterday and he said there was no known fault with the battery and terminals etc, is this right? as i have read a few problems you guys have had with starting and the battery. He also told me my warranty had ran out, its an 04 reg by the way, when i said i'll phone renault uk and ask them to ring him, he sharp changed his mind. anyway, yesterday took a lot more fiddling with the wires, lol, before she started, it also reset my clock, which it has done every other time, but this time, i lost my radio, and i cant find the code for it. Sorry this is so long, but have any of you got any ideas as to if its definately the battery or something else, and how can i find my code for the stereo? Cheers everyone, Chris.

Sorry, should have also said, that when trying to start the car, its just making clicking noises and nothing else, also, the alarm went off a few weeks ago through the night, the power had somehow disconnected and set it off as the different clock time coincided with the alram going off at 2am:(. Cheers, Chris.

Skoda Fabia VRS
chris'172 said:
i lost my radio, and i cant find the code for it.

Is it still the original radio? If so the code is in the service book somewhere. If not type everything you know about your radio into google and you should be able to find a few sites which tell you what the factory default code settings are. (There will also be lots of companies which can recover it for you at a cost, but you should be able to find it without paying! just keep browsing)

Or post the make and serial, and someone here may be able to help!

No idea about the main problem tho.

Brin

The problem was the battery, needs a new one, £38 for a standard, although the techie did tell me to get a heavy duty one, even though i aint running an amp or anything, also said i have to pay for it, car is just over 2 years old, said down to wear and tear, i thought this would have been replaced with the warranty still being valid, or am i just being a cheap skate, lol? The other problem with leaking very little oil was the sump gasket seal i think he said, which they are replacing and the trip computer, he said needs a new dash, so for all of you with trip computer resetting problems, its done under warranty! So i'll have a car with 0 miles on it next week, even though it gives the original miles in the service book. And lastly, lol, sorry, they gave me the radio code, but it still aint working, coming up error, any ideas on that? Cheers lads, Chris. They want the car for the whole day too, wouldnt have thought it would take that long to do the 3 things.