ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Hijacked!!!!

Just a word of warning to all of us with are hot hatches, i have just come of the phone to my seriously shook up mate, who has just had his 52 plate, civic Type R hijacked from him at the local petrol station in manchester.

Two lads parked up behind him, waited for him to fuel up, got out of there motor with balaclarvers on, one holding a crow bar! confronted him, asked him for his keys, he sensibly handed them over. As they went to leave the one with the crowbar took a swing at him and hit the fuel pump! He ran inside the fuel station and the lad working inside was already on the phone to the police!

There are some crazy people out there, that wont think twice about seriously hurting us for are motors. Take care all!!!

172 Cup

Its a shame that you have to watch your back everywhere these days. Ive been with my mate in his FRS and weve had to drive round in circles because of cars following him more than once.

I always tend to carry on driving if someones been following me for a while - not that Im paranoid or anything... lol

Just because you arent paranoid, doesnt mean they arent out to get you ;)

No injuries, but he is badly shaken! Im going to see him after work.

He was asking me. If he did the right thing handing his keys over, of course it was the right thing!!!! Its only a bit of metal at the end of the day and it can be replaced!

Ziel Nurburgring

A few years back, a friends brother used to get tailed all the time around Manc, had to go miles and in different directions all the time to stop people following him home and nicking his Scooby.

silver valver/hybrid

some geezers in a nicked m5 tried to take my bros mates impreza p1 at knifepoint the other day, managed to escape but got stopped by a copper for speeding. he explained his story but the copper wasnt convinced untill he got a call on his radio about some guys in a m5 taking another subaru at knifepoint so he let im go!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

My bro had this in his scoob. A lad asked directions which my bro gave him. He then asked if he could have a lift there. My bro said no and with that a cav pulled up behind him. Which 4 people ran out of it towards him one with a screw driver

My bro just screamed it off

maybe they were hungry and needed some bread ?

;)

nah seriously i can see this happening more and more. everyone knows with all the deaths from stoping these people that you just hand over the keys and so do they. Its like south africa over here too much crime and disorder..

i used to like vigilanties before they were stopped as any trouble in your village and a bunch of big blokes would find out and cave their heads in.. funny how the trouble seemed to stop ?

Its becuase of this that iam buying a 182 rather than a ctr, you only have to go onto the ctr owners forum and there are plenty of tales of car jacking and people house breaking to get the keys, 182 doesnt hold this "holy grail" for want of a beter discription with car criminals,the 182 is just as good a car but more of a atreet sleeper, would anyone else agree with what ive just said? or am i wrong?

previous owner on my mates car (another mate of ours...) sold the car because he was followed home from Manchester by 4 lads in balaclarvas... he threw the keys into a garden (it was dark) and got a pasting :(... found the keys next day at least and that was it, sold it to another mate whos been followed a few times as well.

hmm if you really think about this handing the keys over is the right thing to do on the small scale but wrong on the large scale of things. if these people know that keys will be handed over with a little violence then itl continue to happen, but obviously the safest thing for personal injury avoidance is to comply with them. sick world we live in.

I have heard of a few people with golf R32s having the same done to them -its a complete p*ss take !

did any of the cars stolen have trackers ?

golf r32 dsg

i carry a baseball bat n knuckle duster in me car all the time, if u knock 1 ov um out make them think twice about doin it agen;)

Octy vRS & Ninja 650

Quote: Originally posted by craigs182 on 20 July 2005

i carry a baseball bat n knuckle duster in me car all the time, if u knock 1 ov um out make them think twice about doin it agen;)
Are they gonna wait for you to get them out tho? Hmmm

Police dont appreciate u carryin them either, as we found out! :sick:

E90

Shocking news, I spend alot of time in Johannesburg, and have a few scary moments being followed in the hire car. We are all lucky its only crowbars, In Joberg any hestiation and they shoot ya soon as look at ya for your car. I went to watch the test match when The cricket team were down there, and a young guy was killed just outside the cricket ground for his car, not far from where mine was parked 2 :eek: At least the mindless scroats who do this in the UK, still have some regard for human life. Id tell em to take it, and please be my guest and set it on fire if u must, cause I wouldnt want it back after its been through a ploughed field at 100 mph. b******s.

Megane225FF

he did the right thing handing the keys over, unless hes as hard as Bruce Lee, then he couldve given them a clubbing!!

Bad world.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

My mate sev has a concours 280bhp 2.1 turbo mk2 fiesta its been in the ford mags,one night he was coming back from stoke when everyone used to meet up there on a sunday night and a scooby m3 bmw came up behind him and a scooby cut in front of him then they tried to slow him to a standstill luckily enough he managed to outbreak them and cut out ,then hammered it home close call though

Titanium ph1 turbo

hmm, not a nice story. interesting to read a few people have also had people following them. I had some guy following me in my cup a few weeks back, he was definately following me as I doubled back on myself at a sliproad and allsorts but he kept with me.. it was only when i got into my estate i decided i would head past the police station but he went a different direction... wonder if he either wanted to know where i lived, or was just wanting a race with me.. but certainly following me, he was some big skinhead dude as well...

my mate has got a impreza in blue with rally graphics, and a while ago some guys were following him and flashing there lights at him for a few miles, he didt pull over for obvious reasons and after a while they started drivin on his bumper so he sped up a bit and they followed but when he slowed down though a village they rammed him, handbraked it round and sped off the other way. LOSERS

best thing to do is just hand the keys over, thats why we pay stupid amounts on insurance isnt it???? If somebody stole my car i wouldnt want it back just hope they right it off ;)

Nothing...

What about dead locking the car, as even if they smashed the windows to get in they couldnt drive it away - then just run like f**k! lol

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)

they have immobilisers, i was told the best thing to do is just to lob the keys, then they cant do anything, well except knock you up

are ppl insured for muggings like this? i was looking through the companies policy who i will be taking out insurance with for my 182 when i get it, and it said nothing about muggings

Nothing...

Quote: Originally posted by dwj100uni on 21 July 2005
clios dont have deadlocks do they???

no but CTRs do ;)

Audi S3 225

Im toold up now in my car since I had a run in with some pikies. i got wrench, crowbar and screwdrivers. Never used them, but if something like that happened, id say 1 sec, u can have the car lemme get my (random) out first, open door reach for wrench.....wrench to head......foot to head.....elbow drop to head......foot to head again etc. Then repeat to stunned robber friend. f**king muggy thieves. go back to ya council flat.

Peace

To the guy who spends time in Joburg, I have been there a few times too, most of my freinds carry pistols for this eventuality ;) There are many of our freinds over in the UK now and they also dont think twice about killing you if you kick up a fuss!

I thought if you hand over the keys the insurance will not pay up.

You have to put up a fight and if you die well thats tough from the insurers point of view.