ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Insurance

182 Cup
Right,

My 182 was sitting in the works car park minding its own business when a works van reversed into it. There is a little bit of damage (quoted £150 to repair). At the time i was really angry and called my insurance company to make a 'non fault claim' against the company i work for as the driver had already admitted liablity.

I then checked online (later on after i had calmed down) to see what effect a non fault claim might have on my premium. It puts it up my 200 quid on average! I'm already paying £1800 with a £1250 excess haha, so I'm a a bit hacked off.

Anyway on reading this i decided to ring up and cancel the claim, the insurance company said they will close it down but it will remain on the system and i now need to declare it when im looking for new car insurance quotes. They basically refused to take it off, so i said that there was no damage to my vehicle and i had made a mistake in anger. I said there must of been a scratch on there from my brothers bike or something.

At this point the lady i was talking to said that its malicious damage (by my little brother) and will still need to be declared and i will still need to declare it.

My DDCM is now damaged and I have nothing to show for it! HELL :nono:

That's how insurance works.

You shouldn't have called them in the first place and just got work to pay for it to be repaired. Especially for so little damage.

Astra (H) VXR
I'm with bell, they added £30 to my annual policy for a no fault claim. Sum nugget crashed into my laguna in the middle of the night in their ford ka and it got written off by the insurance.. Luckily I got paid out and it's not had a terrible effect.. Is it 5 years you have to declare it for or 3?

Clio 182 arctic
you're hacked off at £200 increase after you are paying prices like £1800 in the first place. just over 10% for declaring a claim. If £200 is a shock just to keep the car insured, how are you going to feel when you need tyres, a service, VED is £245 per year. Plus what if something goes wrong.

Clio 182
you're hacked off at £200 increase after you are paying prices like £1800 in the first place. just over 10% for declaring a claim. If £200 is a shock just to keep the car insured, how are you going to feel when you need tyres, a service, VED is £245 per year. Plus what if something goes wrong.

Or if he has an accident that requires him to pay the excess!