ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car not starting, flickering lights

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I can't watch the video but I had this on one of our cars before and the battery was being drained by some rubbish aftermarket wiring. Change the battery.

Use some jump leads to try jumping from another car to confirm though

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
ive got the same prob with my 172 cup,only seems to happen when very cold or wet/damp,do you think could be same prob as mine and just replace the batterey?,i also get a strange noise from behind the speedo area,like a crackerling sound???.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Yeah it sounds like if. If the needles are flickering it's likely the battery. Is your alternator charging correctly?
ive got the same prob with my 172 cup,only seems to happen when very cold or wet/damp,do you think could be same prob as mine and just replace the batterey?,i also get a strange noise from behind the speedo area,like a crackerling sound???.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Clios are so battery sensitive it's unreal.
My 172 started doing all sorts of odd stuff. Whacked a new battery in it and it's been perfect ever since.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like i better get a new battery then,im having a diagnostics check at the weekend to just fod peace of mind as been wanting to do this for ages

Clio 1.2 16v
Looks like i better get a new battery then,im having a diagnostics check at the weekend to just fod peace of mind as been wanting to do this for ages

Did you solve your issue? I've only just noticed your comment but yeah the exact same thing was happening to mine

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Not yet mate,fella who was going to do the check couldnt do it,but i reckon its the batt as its been bit warmer now & no frost & seems to start ok at the mo,but will get a batt soon.

Ohh i also noticed the immobilser light stays solid,which means??