ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car park dings

Noj

Jaguar S-Type Sport
Went to tesco like a normal sunday to do some shopping, leave the car in a nice big space thinking it would be fine.
Came back to a crack in the front bumper, no note or nothing! :( really f***s me off

Megane 225 F1
I dont get people like you. Shopping on a sunday. Why is it always so busy on a sunday? Surley you guys should be at home or out doing something. I know i would if i didnt work sundays in a supermarket.

Im only joking btw, i know some work weird hours etc

350Z GT
I hate it too!
Millions of oldies over here too who don't seem to care about other peoples cars.
Has got to a point where my Megane (which although may be old and a bit tired) is covered in the things! If it's an emergency and i'm doing shopping when i'm using the Z then I park like a loser about a mile from the shop and over about 4 spaces to stop people hitting it!

clio 182 black /gold
That anoys me too. You park out in the open and someone parks near you and writes your car off.

Rusty Cup
blimey thats a harsh pill to swallow, ive got numerous carpark dings and a nice new scratch on my front wing, i try not to let it get to me but a cracked bumpers pretty hardcore :S bad times

DCi 100
That anoys me too. You park out in the open and someone parks near you and writes your car off.

This!

You park 6 spaces away from anything and someone parks next to you! Why? For the love of God!

I tend to walk to college now and only take it when I have to. I don't park it in any other close car park type scenes often.

I don't understand why people let their door ding another persons. Really f***s me off for the complete lack of respect for other peoples cars.

Rule of thumb for me is park nowhere near people carriers, Freelanders, Audi's and women.

Megane 225 F1
When im at work i park in a certain spot next to one of the trolly bays furthest away (so no one really uses it). Theres a drain pipe with grille that cuts the 1st parking space in half so i treat it like a white line. Means i take up 2 spaces but could easily contest its one :)

Caterham 270R
I got a ding the 2nd day after i picked up my 182 well pi**ed off. Also a Tesco car park in Radstock.........

Says something about Tesco then

1.5dci
Some one dinged mine with a 4x4 in the bath multi-story the other day, was so annoyed another to add to the list!
Also found a new type of ding, managed to crack the lacquer on my door the other day, no damage to the door, or paint just an egg shell type crack around where it hit... my fault though opened it into the side of my mates wheelchair :-s, anyone got ideas to fix though... i'm thinking i need to remove the lacquer around the impact spot so i can refill it in, but not sure

Noj

Jaguar S-Type Sport
i really hope that if it happens again i catch them in the act so i can have a pleasant word with them. Just hoping it won't happen again

Recently in Tesco's carpark I witnessed a woman let her own trolley roll into the front wing of her car, whilst she was sorting out getting her kid in the car. She didn't even bat an eyelid.
If that's how they treat their own car they wouldn't give a toss if they dinged someone else's.

Also ages ago in the same carpark, in one of my old cars, another woman who was parked next to me finished unloading her shopping, then took her trolley to one of the trolley parks, bashing my wing mirror on her way. Whilst I was sat in the car! Again didn't bat an eyelid FFS.

DCi 100
there's only one way to be sure you dont get any dings

park in 2 spaces!

:D

See so many people do it. But in a monitored car park etc that is already short on spaces, never get away with it. End space is the only option. :dapprove:

Mk1 Ph1 92' Valver
^^^^^^^^^
i do this when in carparks,and just get 2 tickets.they carnt ticket you as youve payed for your 2 spaces.

Fiesta ST3
See so many people do it. But in a monitored car park etc that is already short on spaces, never get away with it. End space is the only option. :dapprove:

all the tescos around us have got plenty of spaces and i don't think there any parking wardens as you don't pay and display so could get away with double parking but people will think you are a right chav.

apart from that you cant win im afraid, Us vs the nutty public!

DCi 100
Tesco etc that you don't have to pay for can get away with it, multistories have enought space if you get the right space on the end.

Just college car park for me which is rammed, over crowded and no doubt would get a ticket for parking over two spaces as security know the car is mine. Plus people park on the ends and everything just to fit in. Literally rammed to the brim!

Clio 182ff
I had a go at some chav queen today at Tescos who just wailed opened her door onto a nice looking M3! "WATCH WHAT YER DOING U POE-FACED COW!"

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I genuinly thinkin that the body work on clios is softer than other cars, just seems to dent very easily. Ive got numerous dings and it really pisses me off. See alot of other clios aswell with alot of dings. Suppose aswell most peoe just use them as shopping cars so they are bound to get dinged. Which in itself is a disgrace as it isn't perticulary hard to get out of your car with smashing your door into someone elses. Inconsiderate pr*cks.

Westy. MX5
Rule no. 1. Don't take your car to Tescos, there all the same type of customers.

My wife works at Tesco and always had dings and dents in our old Pug 106 & 206, since then the Fabia just doesn't seem to get them, more rigid panels and the side bumpstrips must help. One of her work colleagues has a Alfa 147 with no side protection and her doors are peppered with dents, dozens of them.

Not a 320d
f**king gay isnt it. I park at work (Part time supermarket worker at uni lol) right at the edge of the carpark, next to a kerb. I wind my window down and get about 1 cm away from the kerb, leaving plenty of door space. Anyways so when i go outside now and again to get trolleys n stuff, some arsehoe always manages to park too close, luckily I havent got a single ding .... yet.