ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car towing help

hey guys,

i am currently looking at buying a 16v clio to use for an engine conversion for my 1.2. It is running but has no MOT and no tax. I basically have 2 questions:

1)Its illlegal to drive without both MOT and tax but is there a way around this if you are picking up the car?im assuming no but just thought i would ask!

2)any ideas on the cost of getting the car towed (the car is around 30miles from my house)

cheers jon

sorry if this in wrong section cant seem to move it!!

Last edited:
Buy my trailer and get a tow car?
Park it on the road and ring the RAC saying its broken?
Garages usually have trade plate if you've a mate there try borrowing them to drive the car home as someone with trade plates can drive any car to an MOT place so long as they've done some basic safety checks.

RS mk2 172
Book it in for an mot and you can drive it to the mot station.
Not much use if you dont stay next door though!

best bet is get it recovered, i did thids 125 miles hoem with a car with a fucked gearbox.

Other optiion is to drive it home and risk it, at the end of the day 30 miles sin't a massive long way, or make friends with a bloke who owns a tow truck.

Where you based