ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Veers to the left!!!

Titanium Clio 182
My car keeps veering to the left. Also when turning left hand bends on the motorways, such as the ones when you are abount to join another motorway or just leaving a motorway, the car feels like it wants to understeer. Its perfectly fine when I am turning right bend.

Any ideas?

ps, my rear tyres are not the same depth, one is about 3mm less than the other one. Think its the right hand one which is less.

Titanium Clio 182
get your tracking checked.

are all of your tyres the same make and tread?
Two rear ones are pilot ones PE2. With a tread difference of 4mm.

Also when I drive over bumps on the road ithe drivers front wheel sounds like there is some kind of knocking.

Titanium Clio 182
get your tracking checked.

are all of your tyres the same make and tread?
Two rear ones are pilot ones PE2. With a tread difference of 4mm.

Also when I drive over bumps on the road ithe drivers front wheel sounds like there is some kind of knocking.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
the knocking will be the strut top i think. mine does it too.

that shouldn't mean it veers to one side though.

b/g 182, meg tourer
mine seems to do this too. i think my rear left brake is binding slightly. my disc recently cracked due to excess heat.

what needs to be done to stop the brake binding? if it is that

Titanium Clio 182
Still Veers to the left. I have to drive constantly holding the steering wheel (as you supposed to lol) as soon as I let go the steering wheel moves to about 56 seconds and then the car drifts off!!

Just had the suspension arms replaces as one was proper knackered. Its really, really annoying and has been like this for years now. Every other car a drive, drives in a straight line. My car just f***s off the left at every possible occasion.

Titanium Clio 182
Took it back into Rentech today and put the rear wheels onto the front and vice versa.

That fixed the problem that I've had for over a year and a half. I can finally drive in a straight line.

clio mk2
glad its back to normal. out of curiosity, what state were the anti roll bar bushes in when you replaced the suspension arms? just changed both mine after the car was wanting to understeer all the time. now its perfect!