ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Wax Advise

Quote: Originally posted by *GR* on 14 January 2005
Quote: Originally posted by 2863 on 13 January 2005girl racer *gr* dont encorage people to f**k with other peoples cars cos that can cause serious sh*t.
if i came out of a shop and saw some dickhead messing with my car id f**k them up ....bigstyle!
thats how cheeky(but likable)people get hurt!!
imo dont encourage them!!
:mad: :mad: [/QUOTE]<FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size=3>There is no need for that language! :mad::mad: The mods are having a hard enough job as it is!
Did you not see the ;) at the end of the post?

sorry about the swearing, but Ive been diagnosed with fookin tourettes;)
and id still nock the sh*t out of someone for messing with my car,even if they were winking at the time!!!
:eek:

Chocolate Bar™

on the subject of meguirs i bought a wash bucket today which has the gold class car shampoo, the liquid gloss, hot wheels cleaner, tyre perservative, lambswool mitt, and a couple of applicators. cost £35 which i thought was reasonable. the box also doubles up as a bucket :cool:

also got some auto glym bumper restorer which removes white polish stains on the plastic, and seems to work well. however dont know if itll show through in the future.

Quote: Originally posted by Guilbert on 14 January 2005

Quote: Originally posted by optical on 14 January 2005

I just folowed that linkfor Zymol stuff and couldnt beileve the prices :

http://www.vertar.com/zymol-estate-glazes.asp?pt_id=89http://www.vertar.com/zymol-estate-glazes.asp?pt_id=89

scroll to the bottom , there is a 1.4kg tub of car wax that costs £6000 , yes 6 grand.

Yeah but it does say it is refilled for life at no charge! And i bet it is awsome stuff to use!
Bugger, I just bought two to last me;)

Used to have a Clio

Quote: Originally posted by r-jay-cup on 14 January 2005

Pushed for time wash and quick detail spary, dress trim and tyres, clean glass.

Normal routine wash, dry, wax, trim, tyres, glass, interior etc.

Before a show, or once every 1/2 months, polish, glaze, sealant and wax. Plus all the other bits.

Once a year, clay the car and start again, (normally spring time).

If you use a good wash technique, two buckets and a wash mitt, you paint should stay in good shape there should be no need to polish every week.
thanks R-Jay - er....what does 2 buckets mean? does this mean dip the mitt on one and then the other before the car? or using 2 buckets of car shampoo to clean the car?

1 bucket with shampoo in it, 1 with just clean water.

Load your mit with shampoo, wash car, from the top down, then rinse in the clean water b4 you load up your mit again.

Keeps all the sh1te away from the shampoo bucket.

Make sure you clean all your mits, cloths etc when you have finished and b4 you next wash.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

got a question to do with drying the car after youve washed it.

How do you use the chammy or microfibre cloth to dry it? do you hold it by 2 corners and drag it along the panel. Or maybe you fold it a few times and wipe.

106 GTi

I have a very large version on the Meguiars Microfiber Drying Cloth from here

http://www.pakshak.com/Towel%20pics.htmlTOWEL

I try and dry each panel with one or two passes, I fold it up as its fairly large and use a dry portion per panel.

To limit drying I use the hose without a nozzle on the end to give a flow of water allows most off it sheet off and not bead.

106 GTi

Waffle weave ones. The Pakshak ones abover are huge.

35 x 24 inches,which is just over double the size of the Meguiars ones I believe.

Quote: Originally posted by r-jay-cup on 15 January 2005
Waffle weave ones. The Pakshak ones abover are huge.

35 x 24 inches,which is just over double the size of the Meguiars ones I believe.

And ill bet theyre not £15 either.

BTW where do you get your Moose and P21s from?

[Edited by chris182 on 1/15/2005 10:12:03 PM]

Have you tried any of the Megs pro range i.e. sealants?

106 GTi

Chris have tried or own alot of the megs pro range.

Really Like the Hand Polish #82, Swirl free Polish #81, Show car Glaze #7. Final Inspection and Final Detail sprays

Ones that are ok are there swirl remover #9, hi tech yellow wax #26, and Paste wax #16, Medallian Paint Cleaner, as well as there #20 Polymer sealant.

Ask away on any of those/ or others inparticular.

There #20 Polymer Sealants is ok ish much prefer ther NXT or personally the Poorboys EX range,

Tho I tend to use Clearkote/Poorboys/p21s more now from serious performance.

106 GTi

Quote: Originally posted by chris182 on 15 January 2005
Quote: Originally posted by r-jay-cup on 15 January 2005Waffle weave ones. The Pakshak ones abover are huge.

And ill bet theyre not £15 either.

Double the size and about 9 quid!

106 GTi

It is the way to go. I think I mentioned on another thread I took part in one on the Honda S2000 Forum. At the moment I am pretty much all stocked up, have loads of new towels I havent even used yet...waiting till March the 1st lol!

Would be up for a G.B a little later in the year tho.

yeh you mentioned it before, i would be up for it deffo, let me know, really would like to try one of those towels

Quote: Originally posted by 182blue on 15 January 2005
r jay perhaps we could do a bit of a group buy on some pakshak stuff, what do you think

Im up for that. Theres got to be plenty more that want to look after their cars best they can.

r-jay do you really find NXT that good?

Ive used it and, as i think ive mentioned b4, dont really rate it, could be because im using it on silver.

Was thinking of trying the #20 sealant next.

106 GTi

Will let you know , well surely be needing some bits in few months. Next Purchase is going to be some Souverän wax to see if it really is the best on Black.

Towel is like the Meguiars one, Maybe a little softer but so much bigger, can easily dry a Hatch sized car and still be dryish at the end. Its the normal Microfibers that you really notice the difference with. They are really plush and soft, and the ultra-plush ones, wow, never seen anything so soft. Wish I had ordered more than two.

According to the site they have just realised some Ulra-Plush-Plus ones, these I have to see!

106 GTi

Quote: Originally posted by chris182 on 15 January 2005Quote: Originally posted by 182blue on 15 January 2005r jay perhaps we could do a bit of a group buy on some pakshak stuff, what do you think
Im up for that. Theres got to be plenty more that want to look after their cars best they can.

r-jay do you really find NXT that good?

Ive used it and, as i think ive mentioned b4, dont really rate it, could be because im using it on silver.

Was thinking of trying the #20 sealant next.

I find they NXT to look slightly darker than the #20. The NXT seems to darken colurs lighlty, #20 will be good on silver as its is clear and glossy and retains the natural colour. Its not as user friendly as the NXT.

I really like Autoglym Resin, Gloss topped with P21s on silver. Saying that I have just done a Silver Merc with Vanilla moose Poorboys EX-P and that looked really good. I would grab some EX rather than the #20. I have been using up my #20 up on wheels, have only used it on panels a few times as I wasnt that impressed.

Quote: Originally posted by r-jay-cup on 15 January 2005Shocking I know!

Still at it though.

Dont you find all the white powder AG creates a prob?

[Edited by chris182 on 1/15/2005 10:55:49 PM]

BTW what colour is your present car?

106 GTi

I dont seem to have any dusting Probs with the AG. I apply the resin very thin with foam hand pad, and the same for extra gloss. Removed with a MF without any dusting that plagues others. I used to apply it thickly and had that problem, I now apply it as thin as I can. Buying it in trade sizes I find great for customers cars.

Current car has no colour as it is non existant as I have already sold it ....was blue. I have a white van if tha counts!