ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CAR WONT START RACING NEXT WEEKEND - HELP!!

Clio 182 cup
I was strippijng some wires etc out of the car which wernt required like the seat belt sensors, hand brake sensorts etc just to tidy the car up.

i removed the airbag ecu and cut through the wires there and the acr still started fine, i then removed the passanger seat belt sensors and all was fine. as i was removing the drivers side sensor i clipped a wire leading up to th rear right light and the fuel line sensor lead. since i cut through them the car wont show how much fuel is int it and the rear right side light unit wont work. ALSO the car will not start. it turns over and sounds as though it is about to fire up but doesnt. also there is a continuous beeping noice from under the bonnet when the ignition is on since i cut this wire.

i am hoping that a simple soldering session will fix this problem and that i havent cut through or damaged an ECU's. can someone please put some light on the situation as i am currently up creek!!

quick response is massively appreciated

thank you

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
try soldering the wires and then report back.

Sounds like you've already diagnosed your own problem.

Clio 182 cup
i just want to make sure anything i've cut shouldnt of affected the ECU because then we're looking at £'s.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I think you've got a bit chopping happy ;) Sounds like you've chopped the fuel pump and possible the earth for that side of the car (screws on the rear panel below the light on the interior)

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
This does sound like a simple case of re-jointing the wires. I would also note that the sensors in the pillar behind the door do need to be connected as well or the car will turn over and not start. I had a very similar problem to what you have described, I had unplugged mine whilst stripping the car and forgot to plug them in, car turned over and wouldn't start again, connected them up again and started first time. please note, don't pump too much un-burnt fuel in before you reconnect and start it!

Also if you have cut an alarm wire or immobiliser wire or disconnected them, then you sometimes have to go through a crazy ignition on / off & button pressing (key) routine to get the immobiliser working again, my mate had this issue when stripping his one out........ lovely French wiring systems!!

Clio 182 cup
The wires into the pillars? is this the ones that go into the little door sensors halfway up?

thanks both of you fo rthe quick responses. having a breakdown over here!!

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
The wires into the pillars? is this the ones that go into the little door sensors halfway up?

thanks both of you fo rthe quick responses. having a breakdown over here!!
yep that's them, door alarm sensor?? side impact senor?? I looked into it at the time but have memory like a sieve