ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car won't start, starter motor?

Sunflower Ph1 172
Well, just had to walk home form my mates. Just tried to start the car, all lights came on, pump primed, but nothing. Car won't crank, so I'm thinking it's the starter. Anything else it could be? Ran fine previously, never had a starting issue previously.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Proberbly not the starter but either the battery, an earth or the starter solenoid... needs looking at to be honest. Try bump starting it or some jump leads first

clio sport 172
I had this, was an immobiliser fault, started after a while, luckily my mates an auto electrician so got sorted pretty quick.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

Sunflower Ph1 172
Proberbly not the starter but either the battery, an earth or the starter solenoid... needs looking at to be honest. Try bump starting it or some jump leads first

Well I'll have to have a proper look when I get home, I'm absolutely hopless with electrics, so I can't be sure I'll be able ot diagnose it myself.

I'm pretty sure it isn't the battery as all the lights work pefectly, and there is no 'click' (when you try and start a car with a dead/low battery)

I had this, was an immobiliser fault, started after a while, luckily my mates an auto electrician so got sorted pretty quick.

I've asked a few friends, and the imobiliser seems to be the likel culprit. I have an aftermarket Clifford alarm and immobiliser instead of a standard one (was fitted to the car when I bought it).

Sunflower Ph1 172
Bloody French... started on the first crank tonight. After having to get the train to work today.

clio sport 172
Definately immobiliser I'd say, exact same happened to me after leaving mine in pub car park for 3 days!