ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

carbon fibre vinyl wrapping

MK3 GTI golf 16v
looking to have my bonnet wrapped in carbon fibre vinyl, how much would i be expecting to pay roughly ?

and is anyone on here good at it ? i dont want the proper carbon fibre though, i cant afford it.

21 Turbo
looking to have my bonnet wrapped in carbon fibre vinyl, how much would i be expecting to pay roughly ?

and is anyone on here good at it ? i dont want the proper carbon fibre though, i cant afford it.

My mate has just done his himself using a tutorial off YouTube, a DeWalt heat gun and the ability to laugh at himself if it went wrong......first attempt was ok but far from perfect, he used the leftovers to do mirrors etc and learned more in process, ordered some more material and got it perfect the nex time. Looks good too.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
butters if you could let me know what kinda price that would be good cheers

and la21t, do you know where he got his materials? ive been looking online, and for enough to cover my bonnet its gonna be like £230 odd quid, and i could probably get an actual carbon fibre bonnet second hand for that lol

21 Turbo
I'll ask him.

He did his because his bonnet catch let go, bent bonnet, cracked the screen and dented roof. He sourced a fibreglass bonnet that was 3 diff colours, rather than spraying it, he covered it

The 3M stuff is good quality vinyl, but doesnt look real. I did get some vinyl that looked real but was no good for external use or for anything other than completely flat surfaces.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
it looks s**t though? save for the real thing or be happy with what you got...

my bonnets fucked, if i had it re sprayed it would make the rest of the car look gash cus the paint would be fresh and the rest would be faded

MK3 GTI golf 16v
i cant find anywhere remotely cheap to buy the vinyl though, to get it myself is almost the price of properly having it done :/

P1000575.jpg

P1000581.jpg

I had my Iggy done at http://www.carbonskin.co.uk/index.html

£180.

clio 1.2 16v campus
yeah you can get a 3m din noc sheet for about £30 on ebay and its proper easy to do best thing is to find yourself something random in the house watch you tube video practice on whatever you can think of i done my mirrors and interior strips hazzard panel and im gonna do my roof

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
3m aint guaranteed for outdoor use.

try

hexxis
grafityp
apa
metamark
kpmf

all better than 3m.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
One of the best in the business is Prestige Wrap, based in London.
His own cars are awesome and had a good chat with Shane a while back about doing my focus in a satin grey colour.
Luckily he lives local to me tho so he would have just collected it.

His ML has been done with an aggressive look, flipping awesome when done correctly :)

As for 3M not being guaranteed outside, that's poppycock, how does the new RS500 focus get away with being sold directly from ford in a 3M satin black wrap :p