ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon Fibre

172 Ph2. Mmm...
I have a carbon fibre bonnet and was wondering, how easy is it to drill through the stuff? i dont wanna crack it etc (if it does crack or anything)

Need to put the washer jets in.....

Anyone?

phase 2 clio 172
Got this info from a website called torque cars, it sounds about right.:D

"If you need to drill carbon fibre yourself you should cover it with tape and drill from the top down to avoid splintering, some people place a block of wood underneath but with a high speed drill setting this is not always necessary.When drilling carbon fibre panels be very cautious - check and recheck your measurements and use large sheets of paper as a pattern to double check".

Use a very sharpe good quality drill. Carbon is pretty good stuff to work with, i work in a bike shop and this is similar to how we would cut down carbon fork steerer tubes. We normally use electrical tape. Hope this helps:D