ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cars not starting

Clio 1.2
Hey, my cars just passed its mot but now it's struggling to start. The majority of the time it does start but it is slowly getting worse. Does anyone know what this could be? I am going to change the starter motor to see if it cures the problem. Thanks.

renault clio 1.4 16v
there are tons of threads on starting issues, it is a common problem, the most common checks are the earth straps, the leads going to the starter motor, TDC sensor, immobiliser, if the car feels lumpy while its running it could also be coil packs, my car also tends not to start if the temp sensor isnt making connection properly... could be a whole host of different things to be honest but start with checking the earth straps and leads going to the battery, starter motor... if not that then give the TDC sensor plug a clean... since the car just had its MOT im assuming there are no lights on the dash that might indicate a fault?