ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Castle Combe - MG Raceday.

106 GTi
Very few MG pics though, mostly my mates in the Stock Hatch Race!

Gallery here http://www.richtreen.co.uk/events/cc_15_sept_2007/

A few samples

IMG_9296.jpg

IMG_9163.jpg

IMG_9167.jpg

IMG_9249.jpg

IMG_9263.jpg

IMG_9295.jpg

IMG_9305.jpg

IMG_9313.jpg

IMG_9314.jpg

IMG_9342.jpg

IMG_9294.jpg

visualize whirled pe
Cool pics Rich. Have you tried a slighly slower shutter speed for a little more background blur on the side shots, it might make for a bit more action in the pic.

I imagine you are using a digi slr? I still use my trusty old practica but it's expensive to develop film and I've not got the room to do it myself now. I'd love to go proper digital but my snappy little kyocera will have to do for the mo.

I really ought to get over to castle combe, it looks like a cool little track to visit for the day.

Great pics chap.

Nice to see Nick and Chrissy on track.

Any idea on the times they got ?

106 GTi
Cool pics Rich. Have you tried a slighly slower shutter speed for a little more background blur on the side shots, it might make for a bit more action in the pic.

I imagine you are using a digi slr? I still use my trusty old practica but it's expensive to develop film and I've not got the room to do it myself now. I'd love to go proper digital but my snappy little kyocera will have to do for the mo.

I really ought to get over to castle combe, it looks like a cool little track to visit for the day.

The 300mm prime gets heavy after a while and I have no monopod hence 1/320 or 1/250 for all the shots. Go lower when using my 70-200mm but that stayed in the bag on Sat as it was to short from the places I was shooting from.

visualize whirled pe

The 300mm prime gets heavy after a while and I have no monopod hence 1/320 or 1/250 for all the shots. Go lower when using my 70-200mm but that stayed in the bag on Sat as it was to short from the places I was shooting from.

Either way they are still good shots! It'd be nice if there was a tower platform for you to get some higher up shots too for additional variety, you could probably make a decent bit of money selling large prints to the owners, some of these racer guys have a fair amount of cash to chuck at stuff like that, and you work in printed media dont you?

106 GTi

Either way they are still good shots! It'd be nice if there was a tower platform for you to get some higher up shots too for additional variety, you could probably make a decent bit of money selling large prints to the owners, some of these racer guys have a fair amount of cash to chuck at stuff like that, and you work in printed media dont you?

As a rule they tend to prefer the lower down shots. The main purpose of the pics on Sat was to get the two pics of the 2 red 106's in a couple of different locations to the ones I have of them in the last races there hence the lack of variety. I did not get a chance to take as many pics as normal as I was helping the 106 race cars.

I have sold a few images this year so far, but am not really pushing it really just enjoy taking the pics.