ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Castle Combe Spring Raceday

Took pics for an hour today, spent the rest of the time getting soaked or blown about, great fun though and good crowds as usual despite the horrific weather.

Back to Avon Rise again, I can't get enough of the feeling of speed and how close you can get at that point. Very exposed to the elements there hence I was the only person at that point for most of the day!

Take-off!
150567686-L.jpg

Battered A4 returns to the track after huuuuuge 140mph+ off...
150567858-L.jpg

150567733-L.jpg

150567799-L.jpg

150567810-L.jpg

150570504-L.jpg

150570531-L.jpg

150570540-L.jpg

150567584-L.jpg

Uber-expensive 80-200 2.8 is out of action at the moment so my trusty £100 Sigma 70-300 came out to play, really pleased with it, won't hesitate to use it in future when I need a bit more reach.

More here: http://chrisharrison.smugmug.com/gallery/2816841

53 Clio's & counting
here are some CRAP pics i took there off my phone

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

and these two collided right going into quarry on the 1st lap bless em

5.jpg

i saw that audi go off at quarry,he must have been some sort of jedi to catch it as he did and carry on lol

106 GTi
Cracking shots as ever - What's happened to the 80-200?

Love the shot of the single seater at Quarry - brake disc glowing red hot be the looks of it - that shot told me you had a bit more focal length on the go.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I wish i was good a photography. I naused a pic up last night of my g/fs b'day cake! useless prick.....

Your pics are awesome dude, the detail is amazing! especially that glowing disc on the formula ford thiny!

Didn't notice the disc until now, awesome. Had to get even further away from Quarry, really got to me in the rain, was actually painful! Shame as there was a Renaultsport Megane 230 F1 in Red with dark wheels (gorgeous) and Blue 197 with white wheels on display, but I couldn't get near them!

Still some better shots to be found at Avon Rise though, nearly got some stunners with wheels off the ground, splitters hitting the tarmac etc but not quite sharp enough.

80-200 has a tiny gap near the connection somewhere and it's taking in dust big time, unuseable after an hour or so. Trying to get it sorted but the shop I bought it from isn't playing, thankfully the Sale of Goods Act is on my side. Don't quite get the detail or sharpness from the 70-300 but it's pretty damn good, especially for < £100.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
sweet as dude

i will be hitting you up for tips and pointers lots soon

my 350d comes tomorrow so if you still have that 2gb card that would be cool

and where are the pics of my blue 197 (with the speedlines) on show? with red 230!!! lol

As I said...

"Had to get even further away from Quarry, really got to me in the rain, was actually painful! Shame as there was a Renaultsport Megane 230 F1 in Red with dark wheels (gorgeous) and Blue 197 with white wheels on display, but I couldn't get near them!"

Seen them, loved them, couldn't get near them because of the powerlines! Spotted you in the distance as well, love the jacket! I assumed they were on display because of the Platinum/Castle Combe deal thing mentioned in the latest newsletter?

Freebone - no probs, still got it here. Do you want it posted? Next time I will see you is Prescott I imagine so that's a little way away yet.

Justin - will be in contact shortly re: photoshoot, had great fun doing the Lupo and the shots were great (imo!) so well up for a Clio now.

2.0 175dci rs meggy
and where are the pics of my blue 197 (with the speedlines) on show? with red 230!!! lol

As I said...

"Had to get even further away from Quarry, really got to me in the rain, was actually painful! Shame as there was a Renaultsport Megane 230 F1 in Red with dark wheels (gorgeous) and Blue 197 with white wheels on display, but I couldn't get near them!"

Seen them, loved them, couldn't get near them because of the powerlines! I assumed they were on display because of the Platinum/Castle Combe deal thing mentioned in the latest newsletter?

^^^^ yeap

tried getting the clio r27 up there 2 but was not prep-ed in time!

Good stuff, going to be there at the end of May Bank Holiday? If it's not damp I should be able to come over and take a look/pictures for 5 minutes.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
superfastdan - no mate just saved up a little, seems to have all come at once now, not got a new car yet.

jamessrich - that beautiful assistant still work there?

ukaskew - presscott may be ok, i don't finish uni until the friday before that weeked so may not be doing much until then anyways