ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had a bit of a 'moment' at Castle Combe on Thursday.....

2003 Cup 172
Found a couple pics of me from the race, wooo.....

Courtesy of www.visualexcellence.co.uk

(i'm no. 44)

Pic1.jpg

Pic2.jpg

2003 Cup 172
They're all illegal - if you draw an imaginary line from the top of the roll cage to the top of the chassis (above the steering wheel), your helmet needs to be 50mm below that line (obviously it's a rule that some teams don't adhere to). If they roll their car then they run the risk of their head hitting the tarmac, and if it happens on grass and their roll cage gets buried a bit into the grass, their head will get pushed into their spine, which i hear is a bad thing :)

I value my head and spine, so i'm happy to sit low.

172 Race Car
Probably all came in after their first run in the car and said 'I cant see anything'

I see what you mean looking again, higher than where the car would be if upside down

2003 Cup 172
When I sat in the car for the very first time i did make a comment to the team boss that I couldn't see much of the road directly in front of me, his exact response: "you don't need to see that bit anyway". He's got a point - I'll always see the car in front. The corners are spotted towards the side, and i'll see it and start to turn in way before it gets close enough to fall in my blind spot, so it's all good.

172 Race Car
All goes back to what you said, single seaters are so different to anything else.

Kind of fancy another go in one. Had to drive bare foot last time (big shoes)

2003 Cup 172
Yup, totally different. Next time I'm testing I'll try and take a picture roughly at eye level so you can see what I mean about the visibility.

182cup & 172 racecar
I like the sensation of speed in ss,100mph feels like 150mph, that and having your head bobbing around in the breeze.