ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cat 1 Alarms........

My new car comes next thursday......

Been to my local ICE store, there have quoted me:

£230 for a Laserline 290i2 Cat2 to 1 Upgrade.

£350 for a Clifford Concept 300 Cat 1.

Im going more for the clifford then the laserline.

What extras can i have fitted to the Concept 300?

I like the idea of the Dual Zone Proxes (There said there are £75 extra)

+ I know a bloke that works there so im getting 10% off total cost after extras.

What extras are avaible for the Concept 300 and which ones are worth getting and which ones are not worth getting.

Thanks.....

Carl.

Link to where the car is for sale: http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=3&TopicID=37396

Get concent 500 mate, ive got it....im happy , even tho i aint even seen it yet since its being fitted 2 day, ill let u no...

I got a CAT 1 Laguna alarm chucked in for free....

I hate theses gizmo alarms, they do f**k all, if someone hears alarms going since when do they go looking for it to make sure its ok? Fact is no one cares about anyone elses car, all youll do is make enemies of teh neighbours when the alarm goes off every 5 mins after someones farted! My advice is get a tracker if its a good un.

-Rob

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Its better to provent the car getting stolen than to make it easier to find once it is.

I have the Clifford with the Dual Zone Protection Module - mint mate! Get it installed well, and itll be great.

Im more then likey going to get the Clifford Concept 300 with Dual Zone Prox

£425, then 10% so £382.50.

Was looking at the 500 & 600s but there cost more and dont want the Blackjack.

Options i can have fitted the Concept 300:

Remote Start £170
Dual Zone Prox £75 (Deff getting)
Remote Headlights £40
Shock £50
Tilt/Motion £100
Glass Break £50
Smart Windows £100 (Like the sound of this one)

The 500 is the same as the 300 but:

Glass Break, Dual Zone Prox & Blackjack

The Glass Break is the only extra thing i might have want on the 300 which i an have added on for another £45, Blackjack suck (I dont like the idea of having to stop, enter a code, if u get it wrong so many times the engine stops and the siren starts, who would want that?)

I would personly just get a 300 with all the extras (Works out cheaper and its the same if not better)

Anyone else with a clifford? what extras you got?

Glass Break, internal dual shock goes off anyway.

Tilt, by the time its tilted, wheels have gone.

Oh, and remote start, I aint got it cus the other immobilser stops the Clifford from starting the car, heh.

Yea, im think im just going to get the con 300 with dual prox and maybe remote head lights and smart windows (See how much i can aford in a weeks time)

Remote Headlights is just a relay I think..

I think if I had the relay, Id do something crazy with it, like, I dunno.. but turning headlights on is pretty boring.. hehe.

Daz.

What extra you got on yours daz and how much it cost?

Im going for the concept 300 with dual zone proxy (Nothing else, not even remote head lights)

£382.50 is what im paying.

Carl.

BlackJax can be turned off mate....

Ive got the 500, So far all ive had is problems with it, ive had it since onday , but its going back in on monday too be sorted...

Blackjax can be turned off, yet i still dont fully understand what it is?

Problems usually are the installation - hope you get it sorted S-Dee.

Id recommend Clifford to ANYONE..

Daz.

How much was your alarm then daz?

Im paying £382 for mine but i think i might get the "Shock Senor" added tho.

Not too fused about the glassbreak, headlights, remote start, tilt motion, like the sound of smart windows but maybe in a few months.

Might just get the shock?

How good is the shock senor? worth another £50?

Carl.

Well, Whats the point in shock, if the alarm warns ya anyway if you get too close? If you get close enought to move it, then its close enough to sound the dual zone off.. I dont think you supposed to have them together?

Yea, i know it will warn them off but what if there was to kick it, without the shock it woudnt trigger would it?

Where im getting it done i was told that it only keeps warning them, doesnt go off after never, so if there was going to mess with it the shock would trigger it and make the alarm sound.

Im also having the smart windows added at a later date (Once i can aford it LOL, and the remote headlights i think as well :p)

Hmm, if someone puts their foot down the side, then itll sound.. remember, park on the street, and cars going past fast set my dual zone off sometimes, if you had shock and it shook the car, the alarm would always be going off.. up to you I guess.

Willy2

if someone goes by with a loud exhaust that can some times trigger the shock too, my mates old xr21 had one and it would sound when a deep exhaust drove past it! it had to shock ten times and then the alarm would sound it was a code 300 they dont make them anymore!