ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cat cams..

Clio Sport 172
Hi im from argentina, and i own a 172 ph2..

sorry for my bad English..

but i need to now the price in euros if its posibly.. of a cat cams 428`s set.
and where can i bought it..

here in argentina we dont have any development of aftermarket parts for de 172. So im going to try export cams to my country..

so. de 428´s are good? or they are toooo wildd..?
i use my car every day, but also participates in Endurance and TrackDays every month.

so i want the most agressive cams that can i get, for the original ecu and the daily use.

wich you guys recomend?

again.. sory for my HORRIBLE English..
and again. thanks for your replys and your time!!!

Pic for clicks!!!

clio2pw4.jpg

IMG_3625.jpg

182 trackday racer
Hi there!

As I undestand it the 428 kit is the most agressive cam you cam run and be sure that it works great.

Thinking about fitting this cam my self during the winter along with a RS tuner custom map.

Cup Turbo, Flamer
I think it's around the 10-12 mark realistically. I've got these fitted to mine, does make a huge difference. As always on here though its power power power, but it's not always down to that, power delivery and the way it drives it what it's all about!

Just to give you an idea, i've got 428 cams, matched inlets, exhaust, decat, air filter and remap, with a 182 manifold and thats 204bhp

428's are about as aggressive as you can go on the stock ECU I believe, but they are a great cam, I had some in mine. Oh, beware of anyone trying to tell you the 420's are better to, just compare their profile to standard Renault cams and they are almost nigh on identical... but billet. So pointless basically.

Having said all that I'd put a stand alone ECU on instead for similar gains. Speak to AndyGDI, he the best person to speak to.

Focus RS mk1
got the 428s in mine aswell as orbisoud exhaust de-cat panel filter and a remap, ive not had it on rolling rd yet but the difference from standard is amazing can suprise ppl with that setup.

3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172
428's are about as aggressive as you can go on the stock ECU I believe, but they are a great cam, I had some in mine. Oh, beware of anyone trying to tell you the 420's are better to, just compare their profile to standard Renault cams and they are almost nigh on identical... but billet. So pointless basically.

Jon, what are 421s like?? Do you need a stand-alone ECU to run them or can the OEM handle it (presumably with the idle rpm lifted a little?)

Cheers, Baggers.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
ive got cat cams 420 profiles on my ph1 along side matched inlets, decat etc and the difference is staggering compared to my ph2 172. There barely no kick in the ph1 and the torque from lower is much better. The car will happily rev all the way to 7k+ no troubles whereas the ph2's power is killed around 6.9-7k.

i dunno if thats due to the cams or as the whole package overall.

/carl

are the 428s like "vtec" cams??

As in nothing nothing nothing 5000rpm - 8000 powerrrrrrr!

imo no, but then I never really got the whole 5k kick thing. I find they pull at least as hard as stock cams low down but the power doesn't tail off at higher RPM's as on a standard engine. Be careful of who you listen to about these cams, they aren't that much wilder than standard to be honest.

Jon, what are 421s like?? Do you need a stand-alone ECU to run them or can the OEM handle it (presumably with the idle rpm lifted a little?)

Cheers, Baggers.

421's are pretty wild, you'd need an uprated ECU, probably standalone as I doubt the stock ECU can cope with them for idle or drive. You should however be okay in terms of valve lift, I cant see them making contact at only 2.25mm. I'm going to get the 423's, but they will deffo touch, so will need either the pistons crowning, or forged items (which will still probably need modding with almost 4mm lift).

ive got cat cams 420 profiles on my ph1 along side matched inlets, decat etc and the difference is staggering compared to my ph2 172. There barely no kick in the ph1 and the torque from lower is much better. The car will happily rev all the way to 7k+ no troubles whereas the ph2's power is killed around 6.9-7k.

/carl

will be all mods, but you can get the same by putting an omex on instead of replacing the cams. A breathed on car made circa 20bhp from back to back RR's with other fairly basic mods. Knowing what I do now I'd honestly not bother with cams, I'd throw on a stand alone for similar money instead.

If anyone doubts the above they can phone Omex and request proof too. Mark Higgins Cup is just one example of a car making as much or more than cam'd cars on the same RR's for comparative sakes.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

/carl

will be all mods, but you can get the same by putting an omex on instead of replacing the cams. A breathed on car made circa 20bhp from back to back RR's with other fairly basic mods. Knowing what I do now I'd honestly not bother with cams, I'd throw on a stand alone for similar money instead.

If anyone doubts the above they can phone Omex and request proof too. Mark Higgins Cup is just one example of a car making as much or more than cam'd cars on the same RR's for comparative sakes.

this ph1 is currently at 183bhp apparently and it is seriously running rich as it isnt mapped for the cams. Will be getting it mapped soon and re-RR'd to see how much the torque is increased. :) Problem obviously is each RR is different and results seem to differ immensely so cant really say for sure.

/carl

/carl

well as long as you use the same rollers it will be semi accurate, but different days yield different results. One example would be to do a power run on a warm summer day and do one early the following morning when it's cool. You'll pick up a fair bit of power from that alone.
When FMP's car was being mapped at Mech the doors had to be closed later on due to noise, but for the final power run the doors were opened briefly and it picked up over 10bhp from memory.