ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cat replacement pipe

Hello, newbie here

has anyone fitted *just* a cat replacment pipe in the OE exhaust system and do you have any evidence of it making a difference?

replacing the cat on my 106Rallye mk1 made a difference but then the exhaust must be at least a ten year old design on that, has cat technology moved on enough for it not to make much difference?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by ben106rallye on 19 November 2003

has anyone fitted *just* a cat replacment pipe in the OE exhaust system and do you have any evidence of it making a difference?
Yes, I know people that have de-catted a car and left the standard exhaust on and it does make a difference.

The cat is usually the restrictive part of the system...

172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by ben106rallye on 19 November 2003

why have a cat when the first MOT isnt for another 3 yrs?!
You already answered your own question above, i.e without the cat the lamda sensor will give incorrect readings.

actually it does not seem to need the second sensor at all as me and a few others are quite happily running full decats on 172s and cups with no problems at all

not trying to step on griffs toes but mines been fine for over 2k miles